Looks like I can safely cheer for Oregon State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I can safely cheer for Oregon State

ESPN experts unanimously project Utes in the Sugar Bowl vs. SEC no. 2 even if USC is out of the Rose.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowlpr...n=2008&week=13

I hope it's Florida.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    ESPN experts unanimously project Utes in the Sugar Bowl vs. SEC no. 2 even if USC is out of the Rose.

I hope it's Florida.
    If you want the utes to have a fighting chance, you better hope it's Alabama.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      If you want the utes to have a fighting chance, you better hope it's Alabama.
      You aren't qualified or unbiased enough to say this. Whit and I never shrink from a challenge.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Whit and I never shrink from a challenge.
        Good to hear, I'll be looking out for you. What number are you again?
        "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Why are you guys trolling me? Let me experience my joy.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I hope it's Florida.
            You're hoping to lose by 6 touchdowns or so?

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
              You're hoping to lose by 6 touchdowns or so?
              The gull (sp?) of bitterness

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

The gull (sp?) of bitterness
                It's called reality my friend.

Against the ACC or Big East Champ you guys will have a solid chance of winning your BCS game and should be favored to do so.

Against Florida you might get a semi-generous line like Hawaii did against Georgia last year. I believe Georgia was only favored by 9 or 10...Florida would probably be favored by slightly more, and if you want to make a lot of money on a bet....Florida will easily clear whatever the oddsmaker put it at.

Comment

and I never shrink from a challenge.
                  That's not what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
                    It's called reality my friend.

Against the ACC or Big East Champ you guys will have a solid chance of winning your BCS game and should be favored to do so.

Against Florida you might get a semi-generous line like Hawaii did against Georgia last year. I believe Georgia was only favored by 9 or 10...Florida would probably be favored by slightly more, and if you want to make a lot of money on a bet....Florida will easily clear whatever the oddsmaker put it at.
                    Utah is light years better than Hawaii was last year. I think it would be a good game. I think Florida probably wins by 2 touchdowns though. Something like 34-20. Not bad when Florida is probably a top 2 or 3 team right now and playing much closer to home.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      Utah is light years better than Hawaii was last year. I think it would be a good game. I think Florida probably wins by 2 touchdowns though. Something like 34-20. Not bad when Florida is probably a top 2 or 3 team right now and playing much closer to home.
                      Utah is better than Hawaii was last year. That is true. Florida is also considerably better than Georgia was last year.

Florida wins that game something like 52 - 24.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Florida wins that game something like 52 - 24.
                        I kind of agree. The SEC's homefield advantage should be considerable. And plus Tebow is on a mission...serving some kind of penance for his poor play in the Ole Miss game.

FTR, I wouldn't want to face Florida, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          I kind of agree. The SEC's homefield advantage should be considerable. And plus Tebow is on a mission...serving some kind of penance for his poor play in the Ole Miss game.

FTR, I wouldn't want to face Florida, either.
                          Bingo. Don't screw with the homeschooled kid.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Since SEC teams only play with themselves it's always hard to tell how good they really are.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Here's what I really want. I want to play USC or an Oklahoma or Texas that has won out. If not either of these scenarios, Florida then Alabama. No guts no glory, as my dad used to say. If Utah has a chance it's because of its athletic, nasty, thieving defense, and Whittingham's big game coaching record.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X