John Beck was a witch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Beck was a witch

Rewatching BYU v Utah from 2006 (thank you BYUtv app and AppleTV). Beck making all sorts of throws, pressured or not, including a 12-yard shovel pass and a couple of balls that seem to just drop right in the laps of the receivers. Where I think Pitta, Collie, et al made Hall look like a better QB (he was no slouch, don't get me wrong), especially with hindsight in their careers after that point, I think you're able to see just how good Beck was and how IMO he made Harline look better.

Watching the game I can declare one thing with absolute confidence though that I don't think anyone here will argue: Football can't get here soon enough.

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    Rewatching BYU v Utah from 2006 (thank you BYUtv app and AppleTV). Beck making all sorts of throws, pressured or not, including a 12-yard shovel pass and a couple of balls that seem to just drop right in the laps of the receivers. Where I think Pitta, Collie, et al made Hall look like a better QB (he was no slouch, don't get me wrong), especially with hindsight in their careers after that point, I think you're able to see just how good Beck was and how IMO he made Harline look better.

Watching the game I can declare one thing with absolute confidence though that I don't think anyone here will argue: Football can't get here soon enough.
    IIRC, unless I'm thinking of a different game, Beck was pretty shitty in the 2 and 3rd quarters, but lights out in 1 and 4.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Beck is one of my all time favorite BYU QB's. Can't wait for him to get "his" team (finally) in the Redskins going this year. I really think he still will have a good NFL career.

Hopefully the season goes on as normal.
      "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

Comment

if john beck had the confidence/brashness of max hall, he he would be a force to be reckoned with in the league.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          IIRC, unless I'm thinking of a different game, Beck was pretty shitty in the 2 and 3rd quarters, but lights out in 1 and 4.
          Yes, that was the game, but I was referring more to quarters 1 and 4. When he was on, that offense was absolutely unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
            if john beck had the confidence/brashness of max hall, he he would be a force to be reckoned with in the league.
            That combination would be awesome. Combine Beck's skills with Max's attitude.

Of course it's Crowton's fault for screwing up Beck's head.

Is there a Summon IndyCoug image?
            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

He needs to show it this year. I'm ready for him to have his break out.

Comment

Beck was a witch for about 9 games out of his career. Luckily for him they were the last 9 in a row and included a road win at TCU, a legend maker win over Utah and a bowl win.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

The interference call on 3rd and 17 was bullshit.

(I'm still not completely over that game)
                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                    The interference call on 3rd and 17 was bullshit.

(I'm still not completely over that game)
                    It was actually 4th and 18 and there was no interference call.

Oh wait, wrong game. Sorry!
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

I dont understand the thread title
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        I dont understand the thread title
                        Nuance is lost on you.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                          Combine Beck's skills with Max's attitude.
                          Max's attitude wrote checks that his body couldn't cash.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            Beck had exceptional skills as a qb but mentally he just struggles. For his personality I cannot think of a worse situation that what he started with at BYU.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              He needs to show it this year. I'm ready for him to have his break out.
                              I don't expect it. I don't think he has what it takes mentally to be good in the NFL. Saying that I have no idea what the supporting cast is. I think JB has above average NFL skills as a qb but his confidence is just not NFL caliber, IMO.
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                              X