X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Corp wins the starting job

At least for now....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/colleg...,3067676.story

Don't know how I feel about that. If he keeps the job through training camp in the fall, he will basically be a rookie starting against the Ohio State Buckeyes at the Shoe. That is not good.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

What does this say about Mitch Mustain?

Corp must be a pretty dang good talent then. Mustain has experience playing in some big time games his freshman year and is the only one that has experience at that position. He will end up being a career back up at SC. Maybe he is looking at the success Matt Cassel is having and doesn't think that is to bad.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      What does this say about Mitch Mustain?

Corp must be a pretty dang good talent then. Mustain has experience playing in some big time games his freshman year and is the only one that has experience at that position. He will end up being a career back up at SC. Maybe he is looking at the success Matt Cassel is having and doesn't think that is to bad.
      Well he really cant transfer again unless he goes 1-AA so he might as well ride it out and hope for ineffectiveness or injury. Also I read that Barkley has looked very good and may actually be the backups instead of Mustain.
      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Well he really cant transfer again unless he goes 1-AA so he might as well ride it out and hope for ineffectiveness or injury. Also I read that Barkley has looked very good and may actually be the backups instead of Mustain.
        Barkley also had a strong spring.

Mitch did reasonably well when he came in to back up SanChez but I guess it wasn't meant to be. He had several interceptions this Spring and was having some trouble hitting his receivers.

Based off what I am reading about this Spring, it is hard to say that Mitch wasn't given his shot. If a true freshman is competing for the starting gig and will be named the backup, then clearly the best players get to play.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Barkley also had a strong spring.

Mitch did reasonably well when he came in to back up SanChez but I guess it wasn't meant to be. He had several interceptions this Spring and was having some trouble hitting his receivers.

Based off what I am reading about this Spring, it is hard to say that Mitch wasn't given his shot. If a true freshman is competing for the starting gig and will be named the backup, then clearly the best players get to play.
          Sounds like Mustain and his dad were cocky SOBs as Mustain was coming out of HS and backing up Dick his freshman year. I must admit it makes me smile to see things working out this way for him. Based on the little I've seen of Barkley, he seems like the real deal.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Barkley has looked very good and may actually be the backup instead of Mustain.

I like him better. Plus, I have a soft spot for Mater Dei and Servite athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              I like him better. Plus, I have a soft spot for Mater Dei and Servite athletes.
              Soft spot for Mater Dei? We're going to have issues.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post

Well, excepting the Todd Marinovich years. But definately the Matt Leinart years, and even the Colt Brennan years.

Comment

Great just what USC needs a QB that is a running threat also. It is about time that something went the Trojans way.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    Well, excepting the Todd Marinovich years. But definately the Matt Leinart years, and even the Colt Brennan years.
                    I think Marinovich went to Capo Valley or Mission Viejo, but I'm pretty sure it was Capo.

Comment

Originally posted by SipiTau View Post
                      I think Marinovich went to Capo Valley or Mission Viejo, but I'm pretty sure it was Capo.
                      He went to both. Mater Dei for a couple and the transferred to San Juan Cap.

Were you at the Huddle today? It was a lot of fun. We met Josh Pinkard on the concourse at Gate 3 afterwards as we were walking out. Ro Jo was at the other gate as we were walking back, but the line was ridiculous, so we didn't even bother.

On our way back to the car, we stopped to take pics of all the small cousins in front of Tommy Trojan. My mom also wanted a big group pic of all of us, including the grandkids. So she asks these guys that are walking by to take the pic. The "guys" are carrying pads and wearing cleats. We told my mom to not bother them, but she didn't care. She asks and two guys stop and 2 of them stop and say, "Sure, no problem." It was Chris Galippo and Butch Lewis. lol! My mom asks Butch Lewis to take a pic of us while Chris Galippo makes noises and faces to make the little kids look at the camera. Afterwards, she thanks them and walks away. My brother and I play it cool and wish them a nice season, then remind my mom to try to not to bother the football players as they walk back to Heritage.

I now know where I inherited my shameless behavior.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        How could she like both Servite and Mater Dei? BTW the head coach of Servite is one of my best friends, so I hate Mater Dei by default.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          How could she like both Servite and Mater Dei? BTW the head coach of Servite is one of my best friends, so I hate Mater Dei by default.
                          live by wiki, die by wiki.

It is funny that you mention this rivalry because we have a few Mater Dei families in our stake. 2 of the families each have 1 Mater Dei sticker and one anti-Servite sticker on their car. Both schools have amazing academics and cost about as much as SC.

If I could, I would send my kids to MD. It is much closer to this very good burrito place off Dyer in Santa Ana.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            BTW the head coach of Servite is one of my best friends, so I hate Mater Dei by default.
                            I think I know him too. Are you talking about the guy who lives near Octo-Mom?

I dont really thinks its a competition. Mater Dei takes all the athletics events, and Servite takes everything else.

Comment

Working...
                            X