PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Shuffle

Sizzle
11-26-2008, 11:53 AM
I am almost positive that we will see some movement on Utah's staff this off-season. I would be shocked if Utah is able to maintain their coaching staff another year. I would almost bet that Gary Anderson is gone for a HC gig (rightfully so). I imagine he takes an assistant or two with him. I don't know that Ludwig is gone though (sorry Ute fans).

What about BYU? Anae moving on? Reynolds? Jaime Hill possibly moving? Or will their staff stay intact another year looking for the BCS bid?

Non Sequitur
11-26-2008, 12:01 PM
I am almost positive that we will see some movement on Utah's staff this off-season. I would be shocked if Utah is able to maintain their coaching staff another year. I would almost bet that Gary Anderson is gone for a HC gig (rightfully so). I imagine he takes an assistant or two with him. I don't know that Ludwig is gone though (sorry Ute fans).

What about BYU? Anae moving on? Reynolds? Jaime Hill possibly moving? Or will their staff stay intact another year looking for the BCS bid?

Reynolds is the only one on the staff that I would be sad to see go. And that includes Bronco.

Brian
11-26-2008, 12:10 PM

Losing Gary would suck. I loved watching the D. But the alternative (nobody wanting your coaches) is worse. KW is at the helm, so I don't worry as much about the D. Is there an obvious, capable asst. to take over for Gary?

RockyBalboa
11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Losing Gary would suck. I loved watching the D. But the alternative (nobody wanting your coaches) is worse. KW is at the helm, so I don't worry as much about the D. Is there an obvious, capable asst. to take over for Gary?

I've heard some talk that Kalani Sitake would get the DC job if Gary left.

I have no idea if that is valid or not.

Hot Lunch
11-26-2008, 12:21 PM
I think Gary Anderson will be gone from Utah for either a big time D C position or a Head Coaching position somewhere and he definitely deserves it. Gary is an incredible coach and IMO it will be a big lose for the Utes. He is a great recruiter as well. Some of the best players to play for Utah over the past decade were kids he recruited.

For some reason I think BYU's staff stays intact.

il Padrino Ute
11-26-2008, 01:04 PM
It would be a bad thing for the Utes should Anderson get a chance to be a head coach, but I would be happy for him because he deserves a shot. (SUU really doesn't count, does it?) KW being known as one of the better defensive minded coaches in college football will be an advantage for Utah to get someone else in. And Rocky's info about Sitake would be great, IMO, if it's true.

I'd be fine if Ludwig is back. I had no problem with his play calling, as the Utes are 12-0 and part of that is because of Ludwig calling good games.