Repairing shutters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing shutters

How difficult is it to repair shutters that are missing some shutter staples? I'm looking at the shutters and there are a few louvers that are now missing the staple that connected them to the tilt bar. Also, there are a couple of louvers that have staples but no corresponding staple in the tilt bar.

All told, we are talking maybe 7 shutter staples. Seems simple enough. Is it? Or am I missing some critical key to this puzzle?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    How difficult is it to repair shutters that are missing some shutter staples? I'm looking at the shutters and there are a few louvers that are now missing the staple that connected them to the tilt bar. Also, there are a couple of louvers that have staples but no corresponding staple in the tilt bar.

All told, we are talking maybe 7 shutter staples. Seems simple enough. Is it? Or am I missing some critical key to this puzzle?
    I had a couple of staples missing on one of my shutters. I just found some staples that were the same size at Lowes and glued them into the holes where the old ones were.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Replacing missing shutter staples

I had missing shutter staples on my plantation shutters also. My cleaning people are sometimes a little too rough on them. I found a website called ShutterMedic.com. They have videos demonstrating how to replace the missing shutter staples and they were extremely helpful over the phone. I order them from this company and they did not charge me any shipping.

Comment

If the holes are stripped out, you can find a dowel that will fit, wood glue it, hammer it into place, and then the next day you can re-drill your holes and reattach.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
        X