kccougar's daily activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kccougar's daily activity

So you probably haven't noticed that I haven't updated my daily food intake thread since Easter. I think I learned what I could from that exercise, and it's time to take the next step. First, I learned that I have more will power than I thought I did. Second, I figured out that I could cut out soda from my diet with very little trauma. Third, I realized I need to eat more regularly throughout the day.

Now that I've got some handle on my caloric intake, I'm going to start adding in some exercise and tracking both on fitday.com. In this thread, I'm going to publish my daily activity so that you all can prod me into establishing some good habits. I haven't done any exercise of note, other than hiking with my kids Easter weekend in a LONG time. Unfortunately, after yardwork on Saturday my springtime allergies have started with a bang, and I'm feeling pretty miserable at the moment.

4/17
    Drove 7 hours in the car.
    Ran 3.85 miles @ a snail's pace - 5.8 mph

4/18
    Ran/walked with mrskccougar 2.7 miles @ 3.6 mph
    4 hours of yardwork
    1 hour tennis (very casual) with mrskccougar

4/19
    Nada
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

4/20
    2-mile family walk to the frozen yogurt shop and back @ 2.86 mph
    4.1-mile run @ 6.5 mph
    1-mile cool down walk

Tonight I ran the jogging track that goes aroung the local park. It's flatter so my time was better than Friday, but I hate running laps since I always have trouble keeping track of how many I've done.

Last edited by kccougar; 04-21-2009, 06:35 AM.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

4/21
      About 1/2 hr walking around the mall looking for sunglasses
      11.5-mile bike ride @ 13.8 mph
      1/2-hr walk through the neighborhood

Comment

4/22
        1-mile run. After a mile my lower calf was hurting and seeing as how I'm starting out, I didn't want to overdo it so I walked the rest of the way back to my hotel.

1.3-mile walk.
        20 minutes on an elliptical - my first time. Went 4 mi according to the readout.
        55 minutes on the treadmill. Total of 3.5 miles walked.
        Last edited by kccougar; 04-22-2009, 05:41 PM.

Comment

4/23
          Nothing - driving back from Boise

4/24
          Nothing again. Went out to dinner on Friday night and ran out of exercise time. Hopefully, I'll get something done on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
            4/23
            Nothing - driving back from Boise

4/24
            Nothing again. Went out to dinner on Friday night and ran out of exercise time. Hopefully, I'll get something done on Saturday.
            Come on, KC. You are slipping!

Get out there today....30 minutes of some sort of cardio. Then you can come home and celebrate by watching what will be another likely Jazz victory tonight.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
              4/20
              2-mile family walk to the frozen yogurt shop and back @ 2.86 mph
              4.1-mile run @ 6.5 mph
              1-mile cool down walk

Tonight I ran the jogging track that goes aroung the local park. It's flatter so my time was better than Friday, but I hate running laps since I always have trouble keeping track of how many I've done.

Falcon Park in the house! I grew up 50 yards from that park.
              "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                Come on, KC. You are slipping!

Get out there today....30 minutes of some sort of cardio. Then you can come home and celebrate by watching what will be another likely Jazz victory tonight.
                I got 3.7 miles in today, but I split between running and walking to keep my heart rate within the range they say I should be using for fat burning so it took me 46 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by venkman View Post
                  Falcon Park in the house! I grew up 50 yards from that park.
                  You got it. I live on the mesa just above the park.

Comment

4/26
                    Day of rest - all I got done was a 30 min walk around the neighborhood.

Comment

4/27
                      My lower calf muscles are still hurting. I hope I'm not on the way to shin splints again. Today I walked around downtown while I my RV was in the shop. I haven't mapped the miles, but I walked for an hour and 20 minutes at a pretty good clip.

Comment

Working...
                      X