Skipped my usual lunch for this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipped my usual lunch for this.....

Nothing like a big bowl of pho! Any pho/viet food fans out there?

Mmm.... I love pho.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Mmmm. Pho. I like to get it at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant in Davis County: Pho Kim Long. Wait for it...wait for it...
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

....time.

For us pho novices, what is in that bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          ....time.

For us pho novices, what is in that bowl?

Pho (pronounced "fuh") is generally a beef broth with rice noodles and thinly-sliced beef. Then you can add in fresh items to give it texture. It is very yummy.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Pho (pronounced "fuh") is generally a beef broth with rice noodles and thinly-sliced beef. Then you can add in fresh items to give it texture. It is very yummy.
            So when you put a lid on a steaming cup of pho, do you shut the pho cup?
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
              So when you put a lid on a steaming cup of pho, do you shut the pho cup?
              This makes no sense. Pho is traditionally served in large bowls.

Comment

This makes no sense. Pho is traditionally served in large bowls.
                STPC!
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Mmmm. Pho. I like to get it at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant in Davis County: Pho Kim Long. Wait for it...wait for it...
                  Hey DH, there's a Pho Kim Long in Vegas, too. You should try it, very tasty. On Spring Mountain.

I like to add that chili sauce (you know, the one with the rooster on it) to mine. Mmmmmmm.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Hey DH, there's a Pho Kim Long in Vegas, too. You should try it, very tasty. On Spring Mountain.

I like to add that chili sauce (you know, the one with the rooster on it) to mine. Mmmmmmm.
                    Let's do lunch.

Comment

So is there a good pho place it UT county?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        So is there a good pho place it UT county?
                        Yes, there is a small restaurant just south of BYU campus that serves a pretty decent pho. I can't remember the name of it at the moment. It is in the bottom floor of an apt. complex on 8th north, about a block south of the Clyde Building.

There used to be a viet rest. on Center street, but I don't know if it is still there.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Pho (pronounced "fuh")
                          What's the deal with phonetic transcriptions needing phonetic transcriptions?

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            I hope it's not the same thing europeans call "chilli sauce."

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                              I hope it's not the same thing europeans call "chilli sauce."
                              Me too, but only because of the ominous tone in your mention of the European variety.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X