• Good news for Austin Collie........

His stock just went up one slot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=4083554
    *Banned*

He's #29!
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Collie has pretty much a 0% chance of getting drafted right? Like Indy mentions, his position ranking is #29, and he's not listed in the overall rankings (these are all ESPN.COM NFL Draft rankings, FWIW). A 5'11" WR from Abilene Christian is ranked #21 and #150 overall, and he's the last WR to be listed in the Overall Rank.

I wonder what advice his advisers gave him.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
        'You're 24 years old and you just had 105 receptions for around 1,500 yards. It's unlikely you will replicate, let alone exceed, those numbers in 2009. You won't be faster, stronger, quicker or younger. Roll the dice.'
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
          Collie has pretty much a 0% chance of getting drafted right? Like Indy mentions, his position ranking is #29, and he's not listed in the overall rankings (these are all ESPN.COM NFL Draft rankings, FWIW). A 5'11" WR from Abilene Christian is ranked #21 and #150 overall, and he's the last WR to be listed in the Overall Rank.

I think Collie will get drafted. Remember that this ranking is not coming from scouts, GM's or coaches. This is Todd McShay's who is a member of the media. I am not trying to discredit Todd McShay at all because I have a ton of respect for his opinion but these are his rankings. I don't know if I would say he 0% of getting drafted.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Collie will get drafted, in fact I will say that he goes no later then round 5.
            *Banned*

Comment

The Sporting News has him going in the second round.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/draf...n=2009&round=2

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Collie will get drafted, in fact I will say that he goes no later then round 5.
                I think that Collie really has the makings of a top notch possession receiver in the NFL. That is no slight: there are plenty of teams in the NFL that have guys who can run down the sideline but not get into space, be a big target and get you 7-8 yards. I really think he is a steal for someone. BYU will have finally put a legitimate receiver in the NFL. About time.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                  I think that Collie really has the makings of a top notch possession receiver in the NFL. That is no slight: there are plenty of teams in the NFL that have guys who can run down the sideline but not get into space, be a big target and get you 7-8 yards. I really think he is a steal for someone. BYU will have finally put a legitimate receiver in the NFL. About time.
                  I agree I see him as a possession receiver as well in the NFL. Its funny that so many people think you have to run a sub 4.4 to make it in the league. Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.6 and Anquan Boldin ran a 4.8 at the combine. They are two of the most productive receivers in the league.

Also I get sick of the comparisons to Kevin Curtis because they both played in Utah and they are both white. Curtis is actually a burner, he is very fast and not a possession receiver at all. Collie will be called on to run precise routes and get first downs. A more apt comparison for Collie would be a bigger version of Wes Welker, he will catch the majority of his balls facing the line of scrimmage.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                  X