Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody get Bronco a copy of the words to "Utah Man"

http://www.abc4.com/sports/story/BYU...t-Whnf9GQ.cspx
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Do it yourself, lazy man.

Comment

Whittingham is the guy at the company golf tournament who isn't content to just play golf and see how well his team stacks up against the rest. You know the guy. The one that brings in ringers to ensure he'll have yet another lame trophy sitting on his desk. In case you don't know that guy, let me just tell you: he's an asshat.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Whittingham is the guy at the company golf tournament who isn't content to just play golf and see how well his team stacks up against the rest. You know the guy. The one that brings in ringers to ensure he'll have yet another lame trophy sitting on his desk. In case you don't know that guy, let me just tell you: he's an asshat.
        I think this is the right answer.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

His team of current linebacker Chaz Walker and former quarterbacks Scott Cate and Scott Mitchell won with a 16-under-par 56.
          Hey, former Ute players are good golfers. Deal with it.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

The words shouldn't be hard to find. They were published not too long ago in an ESPN list of worst college fight songs of all time, weren't they?
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
              I think this is the right answer.
              Well, since Bronco is the one that is changing the tradition that Coach Mac an Lavell started, I am not sure it is the right answer.

Either way, it is funny to see the reactions from fans and coaches about a simple charity event.
              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                Hey, former Ute players are good golfers. Deal with it.
                Scott Mitchell is a complete asshole, so I am not surprised to see him on Whitt's team.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  Scott Mitchell is a complete asshole, so I am not surprised to see him on Whitt's team.
                  What would half an asshole look like?
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                    What would half an asshole look like?
                    Sort of like half an asterisk.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                      If you are right, then maybe it was Mitchell's fault that Bronco changed the tradition.
                      ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Sort of like half an asterisk.
                        You're on a roll today. In the zone, rectally speaking.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                          Well, since Bronco is the one that is changing the tradition that Coach Mac an Lavell started, I am not sure it is the right answer.

Either way, it is funny to see the reactions from fans and coaches about a simple charity event.
                          I remember it kind of being a pretty fun deal. It has become, at least to me and some others I know a who gives a shit deal.

I guess they don't have or want crowds to come. Who wants to go she 1 crappy golfer let alone 4 or 5 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                            If you are right, then maybe it was Mitchell's fault that Bronco changed the tradition.
                            I will lose a lot of respect for Whitt if he lets Bronco come in, whine and then have his way.

Mainly because it will be another example of the BYU stereotype. "We live a higher law, non competition at charity events."

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                              I will lose a lot of respect for Whitt if he lets Bronco come in, whine and then have his way.

Mainly because it will be another example of the BYU stereotype. "We live a higher law, non competition at charity events."
                              Maybe next year Kyle can do the golf equivalent of an onsides kick. (What would that be?)
                              ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Working...
                              X