Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Babs: How they handle compliance at Oklahoma

Bob Stoops comes out looking pretty good here:

Stoops, who said he still holds Tressel in high regard, carries a unique perspective in persevering through his own quarterback scandal. Speaking with The Oklahoman, he credited his success to dealing with it head-on.

"We can't follow a hundred players around," Stoops told the Oklahoma City newspaper. "That's just not realistic and not gonna happen.

"So, at the end of the day, our players are very well educated on what's allowed and what isn't. If something isn't appropriate, it's dealt with, I like to think, appropriately and in the right way. And that's it."
    [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6628582"]Bob Stoops on Jim Tressel's plight: Rules education key for players - ESPN[/ame]
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Why is this not for me??

I have a source from inside the athletic department. He told me that back in the 80s, the players would just come pick up their checks.
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
      Why is this not for me??

I have a source from inside the athletic department. He told me that back in the 80s, the players would just come pick up their checks.
      You're not half the OU fan Babs is. In fact, if you were actually studying while in med school, you shouldn't know much about OU sports at all.
      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
        You're not half the OU fan Babs is. In fact, if you were actually studying while in med school, you shouldn't know much about OU sports at all.
        I was pretty much the worst med student ever, but the reality is that you don't know much about me, unless you've been googling.
        That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

As a matter of principle, I don't respond to shout-out threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
            It is easy to live a principled life when your principles are rarely tested.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I was pretty much the worst med student ever, but the reality is that you don't know much about me, unless you've been googling.
              You are probably right. All I know about you is what I have read here. I lack the courage to find out more.

Originally posted by Babs View Post
              Okay, but I was just trying to compliment your favorite program. It's a very flattering article.
              Last edited by LA Ute; 06-06-2011, 02:08 PM.
              ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                It is easy to live a principled life when your principles are rarely tested.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Bob Stoops did what he was obligated to do -report the infraction and deal with it. Jim Tressel did not.

While I repect Bob Stoops and OU football, there are a lot of skeletons in the Sooner football closet. But the same can be said for many elite football programs.
                  “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                  "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Why is this not for me??

Comment

Hmmmm.;. I see he has started his interviewing for tOSU job publicly..

Comment

Working...
                      X