Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Does Gordon Monson believe in God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Does Gordon Monson believe in God?

I'm curious what you people think.
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
    I'm curious what you people think.
    Besides his faith in frosted tips, jorts, Nike golf shorts, and PGs that are really pound for pound awesome, I hope there's room for God.

BTW, I've toyed with having a "I can write a better column than Gordon Monson in under 10 minutes" writing contest for the CUFers but I haven't followed through. JL thought it was a good idea.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Besides his faith in frosted tips, jorts, Nike golf shorts, and PGs that are really pound for pound awesome, I hope there's room for God.

BTW, I've toyed with having a "I can write a better column than Gordon Monson in under 10 minutes" writing contest for the CUFers but I haven't followed through. JL thought it was a good idea.
      FTR, Monson has always said that Magic is the GPGOAT. It's Boler toward whom your ire should be directed.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Knowing nothing about GM's beliefs, I answered yes because most Americans believe in some form of deity. I doubt he's that much different than the rest.

EDIT: Just a note about what I like about CUF. There is always some kind of poll asking my opinion. Makes me realize that people care about what I think. That's nice.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          FTR, Monson has always said that Magic is the GPGOAT. It's Boler toward whom your ire should be directed.
          Maybe Monson said that during one of the 50 different radio broadcasts they had on the topic.

But I'll stipulate to it anyway.

Just replace it with his faith that everyone is sexist because they didn't support the Utah Starzzzzz.

FWIW, the calls into the show that day were the funniest things I ever heard on Utah sports talk radio (not a high standard, but still). When a guy called in to tell G-MO that his rec league team beat the Starz, I just about lost it for entirely different reasons from why G-MO also lost it.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I have a really hard time believing that Gordon Monson is a man of faith.
            That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

Comment

I have a really hard time believing that Gordon Monson is a man of faith.
              why? can't a man of faith be a dorky, second rate sports columnist who shouldn't have his own show?
              Last edited by pellegrino; 05-31-2011, 07:30 PM.
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Who is Gordon Monson, and what is he doing in the stadium?

Comment

So I'm not sure how instructive this is, but the number three return on google is "Gordon Monson is a DOUCHEBAG."

Comment

GoMo is an RM. Of course he believes in God.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      GoMo is an RM. Of course he believes in God.
                      otoh, so is Sooner.

Comment

Who the hell cares.
                        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          Who the hell cares.
                          I care about GM's salvation.

Comment

I care about GM's salvation.
                            You care about GM's but not UD's or your own wifes for that matter. Speaks volumes.
                            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              You care about GM's but not UD's or your own wifes for that matter. Speaks volumes.
                              I believe that kindness and love are the essence of true religion. While I often fall short, I think UtahDan will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X