PDA

View Full Version : BYU fans complaining about treatment at RES

SeattleUte
11-25-2008, 10:25 PM
This is becoming a bi-annual ritual. BYU fans come swarming back to the Internet to report the horrors of RES. Is it for real or kind of a pretend thing like Halloween? There seems to be no end to it. It's almost funny. Seriously, it's hard to credit an attack by an unknkown "drunk Ute fan" on an anonymous pregnant woman reported by her anonymous husband. Where are the names? These aren't children. It seems so BYU, so Ponyboy. Pretty soon there will be stories of Satanic rituals in the bathrooms, canibals lurking beneath the bleachers with blood smeared faces and dripping mouths wearing Utah colors. A Ute strangler.

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 10:38 PM
You've been away for a long time, SU.

There was far more boorish behavior than I remember this season in the tailgate lot, and it was all from people I did not recognize in the years I've been tailgating.

I will say that it's not as prevalent as some would have us believe, but it's there and it's inexcusable.

Coach McGuirk
11-25-2008, 10:41 PM
This is becoming a bi-annual ritual. BYU fans come swarming back to the Internet to report the horrors of RES. Is it for real or kind of a pretend thing like Halloween? There seems to be no end to it. It's almost funny. Seriously, it's hard to credit an attack by an unknkown "drunk Ute fan" on an anonymous pregnant woman reported by her anonymous husband. Where are the names? These aren't children. It seems so BYU, so Ponyboy. Pretty soon there will be stories of Satanic rituals in the bathrooms, canibals lurking beneath the bleachers with blood smeared faces and dripping mouths wearing Utah colors. A Ute strangler.

There is a way to find out for yourself SU. Go to the game in full BYU regalia and see how it goes. I don't think anyone is going to convince you that it happens. For me, I am guessing it happens. Why? Well these are the same assholes that try to run me off the road on my road bike. In this case they just happen to be in ute clothing.

Donuthole
11-26-2008, 12:23 AM

Seems like more like a biennial thing than a biannual thing. Nevertheless, the two rivalry games I've attended at RES were uneventful, at best. In 2002, I was smack dab in the student section (this was pre-Muss, mind you) and didn't hear so much as a "go to hell". In 2004, I was in the BYU section and saw nothing of note.

Lest you forget, it is also a biennial tradition for fans of your ilk to do the same with LES.

cougjunkie
11-26-2008, 08:41 AM

So the pregnant lady that the EMTs treated was a figment of their imaginiation?

How about this next year I will attend the BYU-Utah game at LES in full Ute gear and see how I am treated, I will even film it. The following year you attend RES in full BYU gear, film it and see how you are treated.

UteStar
11-26-2008, 09:38 AM
How about this next year I will attend the BYU-Utah game at LES in full Ute gear and see how I am treated, I will even film it. The following year you attend RES in full BYU gear, film it and see how you are treated.

The anticipation that I am feeling to review 4 hours of each game of you both sitting in your seats watching a football game is nearly unbearable. I can't believe I will have to wait 2 long years for that thrill-fest.

Sizzle
11-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Seems like more like a biennial thing than a biannual thing. Nevertheless, the two rivalry games I've attended at RES were uneventful, at best. In 2002, I was smack dab in the student section (this was pre-Muss, mind you) and didn't hear so much as a "go to hell". In 2004, I was in the BYU section and saw nothing of note.

Lest you forget, it is also a biennial tradition for fans of your ilk to do the same with LES.

I was in a bit of a different position in 2004 than you were. I heard quite a few comments in very poor taste, and was hit with a coke thrown from the stands. Of course, I was in a more hostile position, so I would expect it to some degree.