X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 byu recruiting

so far BYU has the following committed:
    Tayson Hill qb (transfer from Stanford)
    Ammon Olsen qb (transfer from Southern Utah)
    Matt Hadley, lb
    Zach Lindsay, ol
    Josh Weeks, wr
    Rhett Sandlin, safety

they have lost Vince Biegal to Wisconsin which hurts a lot but there is still some serious lds talent out there this class.
    To date I'm most excited about Hill
    Adam Ah Ching said he is going to wait until signing day to announce which makes me nervous.
    anyone have any insights?

You forgot Tanner Magnum. One of those dudes who writes for scout tweeted about him after watching the Stanford Elite 11 camp.

Really liked what i saw from Mangum today, good arm and good athlete. BYU got a good one in him....
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      You forgot Tanner Magnum. One of those dudes who writes for scout tweeted about him after watching the Stanford Elite 11 camp.
      yeah, he is big time, can't believe i forgot him. I'm hoping we get that linebacker Butch Paua (sp?) to committ soon

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        yeah, he is big time, can't believe i forgot him. I'm hoping we get that linebacker Butch Paua (sp?) to committ soon
        Paua and Ah Ching are boys. If we get Paua then I think we get Ah Ching. I really hope we get Ah Ching just so I can say Chah-Ching! when he makes a big hit.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

This '12 recruit reportedly has BYU on his radar as well: http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=4952781

Offers from Mich, TCU, aTm, UCLA and Utah so far. No offer from us yet, but we are apparently waiting for him to attend camp in the summer.
          http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=6863628

Isn't this Uncle Ted's area of the world? Wonder if he knows anything about this kid and the Soph referenced in that CB post?

Comment

Adam Ah Ching said he is going to wait until signing day to announce which makes me nervous.
            Me too. Has a situation like that ever worked out for us?

Comment

A cousin of mine will be returning from a mish and is committed to kicking ass

Comment

Me too. Has a situation like that ever worked out for us?
                no, not one that i remember recently. going way back John Raas committed to Hawaii, Iowa and BYU and ended up picking us

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                  is this a new recruit? do share

Comment

This '12 recruit reportedly has BYU on his radar as well: http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=4952781

Offers from Mich, TCU, aTm, UCLA and Utah so far. No offer from us yet, but we are apparently waiting for him to attend camp in the summer.
                    http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=6863628

Isn't this Uncle Ted's area of the world? Wonder if he knows anything about this kid and the Soph referenced in that CB post?
                    good hell, we need to offer him before the U. gets involved

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                      Does your cousin play football or is he simply mad at someone?

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        Does your cousin play football or is he simply mad at someone?
                        Ha! Football. I've already given his position.

Comment

I have little to add other than to say that BYU scouts were recently in Houston looking at E.J. Fatu. I've heard a bit about this kid (apparently he's a bit short but huge....stocky) but I still trying to figure out why BYU is even on his radar as I don't think he's LDS (at least on player on his HS team said he's not).
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

collie to byu

Dylan collie committed

Comment

Dylan collie committed
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X