PDA

View Full Version : BYU players attacking fans!

SeattleUte
11-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Look closely. The fans are well managed , and there's a clear path to the locker room for BYU players. Then BYU players start walking over and slugging Utah fans !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up1sfy1zwKY

BigPiney
11-25-2008, 05:16 PM
lol, you are such a pussy.

leave this crap for cougarboard.

bYuPride
11-25-2008, 05:40 PM
what the hell are you talking about? lol

Solon
11-25-2008, 06:09 PM
what the hell are you talking about? lol

Numbers 54 and 24, middle of screen, about 16-19 seconds in.

Who cares? Somebody probably said something to them an they reacted. Big deal.

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Numbers 54 and 24, middle of screen, about 16-19 seconds in.

Who cares? Somebody probably said something to them an they reacted. Big deal.

Fans who run their mouths when they are that close to rival players get what they deserve.

It should be noted, however, that number 54 was also acting the same way before the game when the Utes put a stop to the Haka. The guy apparently has issues.

RockyBalboa
11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm sure the liquored up dumbshits that permeated around and inside the stadium had nothing to do with it.

TripletDaddy
11-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Fans who run their mouths when they are that close to rival players get what they deserve.

It should be noted, however, that number 54 was also acting the same way before the game when the Utes put a stop to the Haka. The guy apparently has issues.

You were lucky I didnt pull a knife on you during the game. I was getting sick of your crap.

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 06:39 PM
You were lucky I didnt pull a knife on you during the game. I was getting sick of your crap.

I've seen you. A knife won't make me fear you.

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm sure the liquored up dumbshits that permeated around and inside the stadium had nothing to do with it.

Neither side is blameless.

DrumNFeather
11-25-2008, 07:09 PM
I am confident that Rocky will make all of the guilty persons involved...players and coaches alike pay for their actions next year.

LA Ute
11-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Look closely. The fans are well managed , and there's a clear path to the locker room for BYU players. Then BYU players start walking over and slugging Utah fans !

Actually, I think it's Palo Alto Cougar they are slugging. You know how he can be. Heck, I've wanted to slap him a few times myself.

The guy next to him looks like Goatnapper, a living, breathing, walking, talking brawl looking for a place to happen.

It figures.

cougjunkie
11-25-2008, 07:31 PM

54 is Kyle Luekenga who one of your very own claims attacked him, and his wife along with BYU coach Jaime Hill. I dont see a black coach anywhere near the situation nor do I see Leukenga hitting any women. Whoops, stories are fun to make up until people show video evidence that you are a liar.

Also for those that say Leukenga has issues, trust me if you went through what he has the past year you would have issues too.

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Also for those that say Leukenga has issues, trust me if you went through what he has the past year you would have issues too.

We all have issues. Some of us choose not to act out the way he did.

I'm not excusing any of the idiots fans who provoked the situation, because the get what they deserve. I was just observing that Leukenga had an air of machismo in his behavior both before and after the game that I will always laugh at.

cougjunkie
11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
We all have issues. Some of us choose not to act out the way he did.

I'm not excusing any of the idiots fans who provoked the situation, because the get what they deserve. I was just observing that Leukenga had an air of machismo in his behavior both before and after the game that I will always laugh at.

I agree 100% I noticed he was front and center during the Haka melee. I always find it funny that its the guys that dont play who do the most talking.

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
I agree 100% I noticed he was front and center during the Haka melee. I always find it funny that its the guys that dont play who do the most talking.

That's why I talk a lot. :D

cougjunkie
11-25-2008, 07:39 PM
SU can you explain this one for me?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_11073480

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 07:43 PM

That asshole deserves to be beaten to death and I'd like to throw the final punches.

RockyBalboa
11-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Neither side is blameless.

Let me ask you a question:

In a stadium with 46K plus fans...is it fair to say or guess that there were thousands of "Fans" drunk off their ass in the stadium that night?

Furthermore would you agree that an "Fan" drunk combined with the exuberance of victory and the anger of hatred would go further than a person would under normal circumstances?

When you combine all those elements together, I think it's a very obvious and easy conclusion to say that not just some, but a lot of the U fanbase was majorly out of line that evening.

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Let me ask you a question:

In a stadium with 46K plus fans...is it fair to say or guess that there were thousands of "Fans" drunk off their ass in the stadium that night?

Furthermore would agree that an "Fan" drunk combined with the exuberance of victory and the anger of hatred would go further than a person would under normal circumstances?

Yes, there were far too many drunk assholes in attendance and those assholes went too far.

But did Leukenga do the right thing by retaliating? Or could he have been the bigger person and walked away?

LA Ute
11-25-2008, 07:54 PM
That asshole deserves to be beaten to death and I'd like to throw the final punches.

I hope Paul Rolly does get a chance to make him famous. I'd like to excommunicate him from the Ute fan nation.

RockyBalboa
11-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Yes, there were far too many drunk assholes in attendance and those assholes went too far.

But did Leukenga do the right thing by retaliating? Or could he have been the bigger person and walked away?

One football player vs. thousands of drunk morons....that's a fair fight. When someone's safety is being threatened they will sometimes defend themselves.

RockyBalboa
11-25-2008, 08:00 PM
I also find it ironic that the morons on Ufans going off about BYU players looking for a fight....aren't calling out their own fanbase for the countless numbers of threats of physical violence and acts of drunken lunacy and contributing to creating an unsafe environment.

That my friends...is irony.

It tells you once again that the level of anger and hatred that one fanbase feels for the other simply does not compare no matter how much any Ute fan wants to try and spin it.

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 08:07 PM
One football player vs. thousands of drunk morons....that's a fair fight. When someone's safety is being threatened they will sometimes defend themselves.

Was Leukenga's safety ever really threatened?

I honestly don't know. But the video that SU posted showed another player grabbing hold of him and walking him away from the crowd.

You are correct about those on Utefans who are talking about it not calling out their own, but these are those that you yourself call yewt "fans", so your point about hatred shown by one fan base more than the other really doesn't apply here, as you know they are not true Ute fans. They are just assholes who use the rivalry to be assholes.

RockyBalboa
11-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Was Leukenga's safety ever really threatened?

I honestly don't know. But the video that SU posted showed another player grabbing hold of him and walking him away from the crowd.

You are correct about those on Utefans who are talking about it not calling out their own, but these are those that you yourself call yewt "fans", so your point about hatred shown by one fan base more than the other really doesn't apply here, as you know they are not true Ute fans. They are just assholes who use the rivalry to be assholes.

Good points.

I do agree that Leukenga should've just kept on walking, but I will contend that when you're surrounded by tons of drunken idiots that you aren't exactly in a safe environment.

And I do want to make it clear that in no way am I lumping you, LA Ute, Drumnfeather, UtahDan, Ute4ever, and sevearl of the cool posters on Ufn in with the other guys. You guys have all been nothing but cool.

And SU is about as threatening as a U fan in ballerina trunks running full tilt with an appletini in each hand. Even his own fans would kick his ass for that alone.

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Good points.

I do agree that Leukenga should've just kept on walking, but I will contend that when you're surrounded by tons of drunken idiots that you aren't exactly in a safe environment.

And I do want to make it clear that in no way am I lumping you, LA Ute, Drumnfeather, UtahDan, Ute4ever, and sevearl of the cool posters on Ufn in with the other guys. You guys have all been nothing but cool.

It's tough to keep composure when surrounded by idiots, especially if you're a player after a loss.

And I never felt like you were talking about me. Besides, I've seen you and you're about as intimidating as a teddy bear.

RockyBalboa
11-25-2008, 08:25 PM
It's tough to keep composure when surrounded by idiots, especially if you're a player after a loss.

And I never felt like you were talking about me. Besides, I've seen you and you're about as intimidating as a teddy bear.

Teddy Ruxpin ain't got shit on me.

il Padrino Ute
11-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Teddy Ruxpin ain't got shit on me.

Teddy Ruxpin killed a guy who looked at him.

True story.

RockyBalboa
11-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Teddy Ruxpin killed a guy who looked at him.

True story.

lol.....awesome

SeattleUte
11-25-2008, 10:02 PM

I bet Ponyboy was his source.

RockyBalboa
11-25-2008, 10:11 PM
I bet Ponyboy was his source.

Let it be known here and now that Mr. Neeleman has not condemned violence towards pregnant women.

Brian
11-25-2008, 10:20 PM
i call BS on this.

SeattleUte
11-25-2008, 10:39 PM
i call BS on this.

Are you talking about my take on the video or the story about the pregnant woman? I could understand your reaction being to either. Of course mine was a parody of BYU fans.

Brian
11-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Are you talking about my take on the video or the story about the pregnant woman? I could understand your reaction being to either. Of course mine was a parody of BYU fans.

no, just being a smartass. "they" would never do something like this..

Brian
11-26-2008, 06:43 AM

Sounds like 54 made the honor roll this past year. The smart defensive move would be to get of the field ASAP.
My brother said he it looked like Collie was the 2nd person into the locker tunnell.

Solon
11-26-2008, 07:16 AM
thousands of "Fans" drunk off their ass

thousands of drunk morons....

acts of drunken lunacy

tons of drunken idiots

I don't think anyone is going to question or seriously argue that violence over a football game is a dumb idea. The umbrage that some here (including myself) are taking is the broad characterization of Utah fans as drunks, and the implication that by ingesting alcohol these people are lunatics, morons, or idiots. Lunatics, morons, and idiots are that way regardless of whether or not they're drinking. While I acknowledge that alcoholic excess can exacerbate the situation, morons are morons - sober or wasted.

[Rocky, I don't know if this is your mindset personally, so don't take this as personally directed.]

There is a considerable amount of prejudice in LDS Utah against alcohol in general, and - by extension - towards those who drink it. The implication is that people who drink are more likely to be jerks, assholes, and morons . . . and this just isn't true. Sure, jerks, assholes, and morons can become more so if they're drunk, but this is a result of them being jerks, assholes, and morons - not because they drank the evil potion that turns holy people into demonic savages.

This tee-totaling holier-than-thou mentality rubs a lot of people - people who drink and even get drunk without attacking other people - the wrong way. You can get drunk without becoming an asshole. And there are plenty of stone-cold sober moronic jerks out there.

RockyBalboa
11-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Sounds like 54 made the honor roll this past year. The smart defensive move would be to get of the field ASAP.
My brother said he it looked like Collie was the 2nd person into the locker tunnell.

Nah since he's a self righetous prick he deserved the abuse.

RockyBalboa
11-26-2008, 08:30 AM
I don't think anyone is going to question or seriously argue that violence over a football game is a dumb idea. The umbrage that some here (including myself) are taking is the broad characterization of Utah fans as drunks, and the implication that by ingesting alcohol these people are lunatics, morons, or idiots. Lunatics, morons, and idiots are that way regardless of whether or not they're drinking. While I acknowledge that alcoholic excess can exacerbate the situation, morons are morons - sober or wasted.

[Rocky, I don't know if this is your mindset personally, so don't take this as personally directed.]

There is a considerable amount of prejudice in LDS Utah against alcohol in general, and - by extension - towards those who drink it. The implication is that people who drink are more likely to be jerks, assholes, and morons . . . and this just isn't true. Sure, jerks, assholes, and morons can become more so if they're drunk, but this is a result of them being jerks, assholes, and morons - not because they drank the evil potion that turns holy people into demonic savages.

This tee-totaling holier-than-thou mentality rubs a lot of people - people who drink and even get drunk without attacking other people - the wrong way. You can get drunk without becoming an asshole. And there are plenty of stone-cold sober moronic jerks out there.

While I appreciate the lecture that Drunk people can be cool too and chilled, I've never suggested otherwise. That's not what this topic has been about.

But to your point...while I mostly agree with it,,,I know some people who act pretty civil until they get some liquid courage in them.

Solon
11-26-2008, 08:32 AM
While I appreciate the lecture that Drunk people can be cool too and chilled, I've never suggested otherwise. That's not what this topic has been about.

I know some people who act pretty civil until they get some liquid courage in them.

I think you emphasized repeatedly the drunk nature of the Utah fans, but if you didn't mean it that way, it's a non-issue. Like I wrote, I don't know your personal mindset, so I don't want to ascribe things to you that you don't believe or say.

RockyBalboa
11-26-2008, 08:33 AM
I think you emphasized repeatedly the drunk nature of the Utah fans.

That's because there were literally thousands of them there. In any event since you're insisting on splitting hairs, then by all means carry on.

Solon
11-26-2008, 08:35 AM
That's because there were literally thousands of them there. In any event since you're insisting on splitting hairs, then by all means carry on.

I was editing my post while you typed this because I was too brief in my reply.
I think we can find much more interesting things to argue about.:)

RockyBalboa
11-26-2008, 08:38 AM
I was editing my post while you typed this because I was too brief in my reply.
I think we can find much more interesting things to argue about.:)

lol..point taken.

This debate has admittedly already been worn thin and I'm more to blame for that than anyone here. I'll stop now so we can find better things to bitch and moan about. :)

Brian
11-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Nah since he's a self righetous prick he deserved the abuse.

Let me try this again.

I am not justifying bad fan abuse on either side.

I am offering the perception from the other side. Believe it or not, the perception is real and it is there.
As I already said, the mormon culture in Utah is suffocating. The self righteousness is there and it irks some people. GBH has harped on this quite a bit, so I'm not alone in this observation. So did Jesus.

Although this thing pre-dates, what Collie said last year really gets to the crux of the matter, "I'm better than you because I have the 'truth' " If this year was particuraly unhospitable, I can guarantee that this had something to do with it.

Let me state again, this is the **perception** from the side that is suffocating in a culture that is over the top enough to be really annoying. And so a few (many thousands according to your abilities of discernment) use the game as a chance get back at the Man.

That said, you can either try and do something constructive about it, or show them a finger and promise a warm welcome at LES next year, complete with an opening prayer and primary songs.

Non Sequitur
11-26-2008, 11:14 AM

Nor are you condemning it. There's a fine line between minimalizing bad behavior and condoning bad behavior.

Brian
11-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Nor are you condemning it. There's a fine line between minimalizing bad behavior and condoning bad behavior.

Ok, I'm not a lawyer, I cannot think of all the whereas, therefores, whenceforths, hithertos to make myself clear.
Yes, I do condemn it. And I would never partake. If someone sitting near me did this, I would bite them. I'm not in favor of assholery of any flavor.

All I'm saying is that there is a reason this happens.

RockyBalboa
11-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Ok, I'm not a lawyer, I cannot think of all the whereas, therefores, whenceforths, hithertos to make myself clear.
Yes, I do condemn it. And I would never partake. If someone sitting near me did this, I would bite them. I'm not in favor of assholery of any flavor.

All I'm saying is that there is a reason this happens.

We already KNOW the reasons why. Just like how some real Ute fans don't like getting lumped in with the drunken idiots, some real BYU fans don't like getting lumped in with self righteous clones.

However, I will acknowledge that like most BYU fans I am a total goober.