Here is some BCS confusion for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is some BCS confusion for you

Lets say OK loses to OKst on saturday so Tech (by virtue of its beating Texas) now plays in the Big 12 title game against Mizzou and wins. Now Lets say FLA wins out and so does Texas. What happens to Tech? Texas would be #1 because the team in front of them right now is Bams which in this scenario loses. Therefore, you would have a Texas v Fla NC game even though Texas Tech beat Texas and won the big 12 champ game.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Lets say OK loses to OKst on saturday so Tech (by virtue of its beating Texas) now plays in the Big 12 title game against Mizzou and wins. Now Lets say FLA wins out and so does Texas. What happens to Tech? Texas would be #1 because the team in front of them right now is Bams which in this scenario loses. Therefore, you would have a Texas v Fla NC game even though Texas Tech beat Texas and won the big 12 champ game.
    I am OK with that.

National champs should never give up 65 points. To anyone.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
      Therefore, you would have a Texas v Fla NC game even though Texas Tech beat Texas and won the big 12 champ game.
      This is par for the course for the Big 12.

But what I'm curious about is what should happen if Oklahoma were to win out. Is Texas or Oklahoma more deserving? It's impossible for me to sort out because I'm not unbiased.

Comment

Working...
      X