Hook 'Em! BYU @ Texas Longhorns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook 'Em! BYU @ Texas Longhorns

We need a dedicated thread to celebrate this upcoming matchup, esp as we begin to discuss travel plans, hotels, tickets, our shared history of modern era institutionalized racism, silly fight songs written to the tune of "I've Been Working on the Railroad," and a matchup between two of the worst band uniforms in all of college football.

I wont w.a.s.t.e. any time and get right to my prediction of a BYU win over 13-0 and crew.

Now please be so kind as to post your hotel, arrival date, and whether you prefer your Bevo burgers rare or medium rare.

As for me and MMM:

Mode of travel: UAL into Dallas
    Arrival: Dallas Thurs. Spend one day there (FIL lives there, but we may also go boating and golfing). Fri: Austin
    Hotel: undecided. Definitely want to be right in Austin, though.
    Tickets: None yet, but have access through FIL's CC gig.
    Friday Night Fireside: Hell No
    Friday Night 6th Street: Hell Yes
    BYU pre-game tailgate: Hell No

:hookem:
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

There is a decent chance I will be living in Texas when this game happens. If that is the case I will be there for sure. With limited expense for hotel and transportation I'll drop what I need to for a ticket. The tailgate that FM put on for the Tulsa game was a good time. If the board puts has a get together similar to what FM put on, If I do go I'll smoke several slabs of babybacks, and a brisket the night before bring them to a tailgate.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

You might also consider posting comments on BYU-UT ticket acquisition. I think tickets will be hard to come by for BYU folks. It's UT's second game of the season after the annual beatdown of Rice so Longhorn fans will be ever so optimistic (until the outcome of the Red River Rivalry).
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
        You might also consider posting comments on BYU-UT ticket acquisition. I think tickets will be hard to come by for BYU folks. It's UT's second game of the season after the annual beatdown of Rice so Longhorn fans will be ever so optimistic (until the outcome of the Red River Rivalry).
        Any and all game-related topics are welcome here. Please add whatever you wish!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, DDD. This thread will be a reminder to me of the offseason task I have ahead of me in order to make this trip happen.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

When I skimmed your post I read it like this:

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Mode of travel: UHAUL into Dallas
            I think you should actually uhaul into dallas, and document your jouney in this thread. I think the idea has a lot of potential.

Comment

I haven't decided what to do yet. I am spending two weeks in Austin (going back in August) this summer already. I might wait for the next game.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

BYU's playing Texas this year? Where have I been?
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I'm getting a reunion of my childhood friends together. Amongst the core 5 of us, there are two Longhorns, one Red Raider, one Owl and a Cougar (no, not that kind...me, dummy). That means there will be three people cheering for BYU and 2 for the 'Horns (I've relented and will cheer for BYU).

We're going to drink a lot. We're going to golf. We are going to drink a lot as we golf. And yes, we are going to Lake Travis and will ski and dedicate our outing to DDD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    I haven't decided what to do yet. I am spending two weeks in Austin (going back in August) this summer already. I might wait for the next game.

I figured you would be a slam dunk for this game, of all games.

sigpic

Comment

depending on how full delta flights are, i might try and catch a redeye into austin-bergstrom and go straight from the airport to the game. we'll either find some scalped tickets or get some from cc connections.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

As noted elsewhere, we're in. Not being part of the Legacy/BYU71 Oligarchy, we lack tickets or access thereto. My lone GA connection will be in Ghana for the game. So if anyone comes up with a pair, think kindly of me.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

I figured you would be a slam dunk for this game, of all games.
                          It's complicated. I am still hoping to go.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I will be looking for tickets as well.

Also if anyone is in need I can probably get a couple of Marriott property rooms for the friends and family rate.

Most likely I'll fly into San Antonio and drive to Austin. Drive is just over an hour and I get to eat at Boudros in SA.

Comment

I really want to go. But my old man is thinking Oxford instead. But if I were a betting man I'd say neither.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X