Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess this is what we're supposed to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess this is what we're supposed to do?

This is Taekwondave. (See what I did there? It's a cross between taekwondo and Dave.)

Um... I go to BYU. I don't like the honor code. They made me shave before taking my humanities test yesterday. They can't do that anymore in the regular testing center but leave it to BYU to find loopholes (sigh). If that makes you wonder why I chose to go to BYU then you've never seen the girls at BYU. No, actually I came because I love that I can bring up religious topics in any and every class and nobody looks at you weird. I love that.

Interesting facts about me: I'm vegan. I served my mission in Veracruz, Mexico. BYU sports fan. Hibernating 49ers fan (soon....soon...) suddenly very confused Jazz fan (What do you mean Jerry Sloan left? Where the hell was I??? And who the f*** is Al Jefferson?)

My doctrinal beliefs (in case you haven't noticed yet) are a far cry from mainstream Mormonism and a further cry from mainstream Christianity, but the same goes for many of you, I've noticed. Not all, but enough. But I'm an active member of the LDS church and perfectly happy there. I believe in the teachings of Jesus, but not in most of the teachings ABOUT Jesus.

Let the games begin.

Welcome aboard.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

If I could I would shoot you in the eyeball to verify that you really are Taekwondave.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        If I could I would shoot you in the eyeball to verify that you really are Taekwondave.
        No, that's the RESURRECTED Taekwondave you wanna shoot in the eyeball. You'll know it's him cause he can fly

Comment

welcome, welcome

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

I couldn't ask this question if you were interviewing for a job, but I can ask it here: Are you married? Kids? Gay? Gay-leaning?

You seem very open about your Jesus-killing fantasy. I'm just wondering whether you've shared your thoughts with real people you are close to.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I couldn't ask this question if you were interviewing for a job, but I can ask it here: Are you married? Kids? Gay? Gay-leaning?

You seem very open about your Jesus-killing fantasy. I'm just wondering whether you've shared your thoughts with real people you are close to.
              You can ask that in a job interview.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                You can ask that in a job interview.
                Not legally.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

Not married. Girlfriend. Not gay-leaning. I don't support prop 8 though. But not because I think gays should be allowed marriage licenses, but because, as a bit of a libertarian, I don't think ANYBODY should need to have ANYTHING to do with a government-issued marriage license, and the church did nothing but further alienate a really awesome group of people by taking a side in that one. It was a fear-driven mistake for everyone involved in that one from the get go if you ask me.

I have no Jesus-killing fantasy. I have a Jesus IMPOSTOR-killing fantasy.

My girlfriend knows my views. When I started sharing thoughts with my family, they completely freaked out. My mom didn't stop praying for six months. My older sister who has always felt bad about herself because she felt like a religious failure listens quite well though. She likes hearing that she's already perfect. So does my girlfriend, actually. They both seem different in a positive way since internalizing that idea. But yeah, nice to meet ya.

Comment

Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
                    Not married. Girlfriend. Not gay-leaning. I don't support prop 8 though. But not because I think gays should be allowed marriage licenses, but because, as a bit of a libertarian, I don't think ANYBODY should need to have ANYTHING to do with a government-issued marriage license,
                    I am not a politically minded person, but I don't think Libertarians voted against Prop 8. Excluding perhaps the die-hard Mormons.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Not married. Girlfriend. Not gay-leaning. I don't support prop 8 though. But not because I think gays should be allowed marriage licenses, but because, as a bit of a libertarian, I don't think ANYBODY should need to have ANYTHING to do with a government-issued marriage license, and the church did nothing but further alienate a really awesome group of people by taking a side in that one. It was a fear-driven mistake for everyone involved in that one from the get go if you ask me.

I have no Jesus-killing fantasy. I have a Jesus IMPOSTOR-killing fantasy.

My girlfriend knows my views. When I started sharing thoughts with my family, they completely freaked out. My mom didn't stop praying for six months. My older sister who has always felt bad about herself because she felt like a religious failure listens quite well though. She likes hearing that she's already perfect. So does my girlfriend, actually. They both seem different in a positive way since internalizing that idea. But yeah, nice to meet ya.
                      Thanks for the candid answer to falafels question. You have no idea how important it is to him to establish the sexual identity of all new posters.

Now for the question we all want answered: do you actually know tae kwon do?

I think you'll do just fine here. Like DDD mentioned before, you spice up his (our) life (lives).

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                        Thanks for the candid answer to falafels question. You have no idea how important it is to him to establish the sexual identity of all new posters.

Now for the question we all want answered: do you actually know tae kwon do?

I think you'll do just fine here. Like DDD mentioned before, you spice up his (our) life (lives).
                        Haha, yeah. I've done taekwondo since I was nine years old. I got my black belt in it when I was twelve. I taught classes until I was 23. I haven't done it since then. I started the sign in name for an email address when I started my own studio at age 22 and it stuck. (The studio was a one month bust. I was using another guy's studio on the days he didn't have classes so I wasn't able to advertise or anything. I wouldn't want that to become my J.O.B. anyway, though. I like it too much.)

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          I am not a politically minded person, but I don't think Libertarians voted against Prop 8. Excluding perhaps the die-hard Mormons.
                          Yeah, I think you're right. But not all libertarians think through things enough just like everyone else

Most people I talk to about that topic had never considered that aspect of it, that it was marriage licensing in the first place that we should be fighting against, and not the gay community trying to get in on the fun. Our church fought against the government attempting to define and regulate marriage an hundred years ago under Constitutional principle in a very similar situation and yet, we seem to have forgotten why. Now all they gays know we hate them. (I know, I know, we don't HATE them, but they think we do, and who can blame them, really?)

Comment

Haha, yeah. I've done taekwondo since I was nine years old. I got my black belt in it when I was twelve. I taught classes until I was 23. I haven't done it since then. I started the sign in name for an email address when I started my own studio at age 22 and it stuck. (The studio was a one month bust. I was using another guy's studio on the days he didn't have classes so I wasn't able to advertise or anything. I wouldn't want that to become my J.O.B. anyway, though. I like it too much.)
                            Did things such as fear, pain, or defeat exist in your dojo?

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                              Did things such as fear, pain, or defeat exist in your dojo?
                              No. Just pushups.

Comment

Working...
                              X