The Official Utah-Colorado Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Utah-Colorado Rivalry Thread

Let's take another shot at this: A thread for Ute fans to work through how we are going to start a rivalry with CU. We know it's going to happen. How will it start? Will their coach or one of their players say something outrageous about the Utes? Will one side win a game ona controversial last-minute call? Will a Buffs player take a clearly dirty and cheap shot at a Ute?

BTW, I think the addition of CU as a rival will be fun. We need not discard any old rivals in order to enjoy a rivalry with the Buffs. We're adding to Ute lore. I am looking forward to it.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

2 questions. A) Only Utes allowed to post? 2) Do you believe your thread to be better than SU's because of substance or originator?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      2 questions. A) Only Utes allowed to post? 2) Do you believe your thread to be better than SU's because of substance or originator?
      Ute fans are invited to post. As for BYU fans, it's a free country. Oregon fans, however, will need to watch their step. SU's thread has been befouled and its motives questioned. I am making this thread's motives clear. Besides, he misspelled "rivalry."

Any more questions?

Boulder is a terrific college town. If I lived in Utah I'd try to make the trip to that game every time it's at CU. As I recall, it's a short, cheap Southwest flight from SLC to Denver. Kind of like from L.A. to the Bay area for the Stanford and Cal games.

I've never been to Eugene but plan to make that trip someday soon too. I hope you won't throw caffeine-free Diet Coke on me.
      Last edited by LA Ute; 04-15-2011, 07:53 AM.
      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Folsom field seats about 53,000. Its setting (next to the mountains) reminds me of RES.

― W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
          Ute fans are invited to post. As for BYU fans, it's a free country. Oregon fans, however, will need to watch their step.
          I, for one, welcome any and all Oregon forays into this thread. Their dominating win over the Buffs in the 2002 Fiesta Bowl signaled the demise of CU's program, and I've really enjoyed rubbing it in their hippie faces.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
            I, for one, welcome any and all Oregon forays into this thread. Their dominating win over the Buffs in the 2002 Fiesta Bowl signaled the demise of CU's program, and I've really enjoyed rubbing it in their hippie faces.
            I actually like and admire Oregon and its programs. It's just fun to rib HFN.
            ― W.H. Auden

Comment

"Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                LOL, me llamas comadreja.

But why? I am just trying to create a baggage-free thread on a subject of interest to poor, benighted Ute fans. You are not being helpful.

― W.H. Auden

Comment

But why? I am just trying to create a baggage-free thread on a subject of interest to poor, benighted Ute fans. You are not being helpful.
                  LA Ute, do you honestly think you have a new rival? Are you nuts?

BYU is your rival. It always will be. And we will use your "prestigious" new conference status to stepstone closer to yet another NC.

Let it be and enjoy one of the truly great rivalries in the country

Comment

I'm sorry, I can't understand what this thread is about.

I only recognize the Utes' "Rivarly" with the Buffaloes.

You know I love you, SU
                    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

I'll have you know that I bring the finest Henk luggage with me. My presence will only enhance this thread...

until it dies next week.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                        LA Ute, do you honestly think you have a new rival? Are you nuts?

BYU is your rival. It always will be. And we will use your "prestigious" new conference status to stepstone closer to yet another NC.

Let it be and enjoy one of the truly great rivalries in the country
                        Viking, my son, I shall be clear: BYU will indeed always be our RIVAL. No matter what anyone says. To argue otherwise is silly.

But we will have some kind of a rivalry with CU. It might be pretty good. It will never even approach the intensity of the Utah-BYU RIVALRY, but it should be fun.

Things will happen, like I said in my first post. We're both from the "intermountain area," and we are kind of similar. Our game will be the last one of the season. We will be rivals, but not RIVALS.
                        Last edited by LA Ute; 04-15-2011, 03:22 PM.
                        ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          I'll have you know that I bring the finest Henk luggage with me. My presence will only enhance this thread...

until it dies next week.
                          I was not referring to your baggage, but to my dear friend SU's. You are, however, beginning to accumulate some, as with your snotty little addendum there that you thought you could hide by using a white font.
                          ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Colorado will be our primary rival in the Pac-12, both based on geography, but also on parallel entry into the conference. We will be compared to each other frequently when looking at accomplishments within the conference(1st to a division/conference title, etc).

But......BYU will always be the main rival in the minds of most(all, if they are honest) of the fans.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I was not referring to your baggage, but to my dear friend SU's. You are, however, beginning to accumulate some, as with your snotty little addendum there that you thought you could hide by using a white font.
                              I shall bow out. Onward and Upward!

(Is Utah 'Onward' or is Colorado?)

I really am a weasel.

Comment

Working...
                              X