Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Ready?: B.Y.U. at Ole Miss. Hotty Toddy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Ready?: B.Y.U. at Ole Miss. Hotty Toddy!

I couldn't wait any longer to start this thread. Football season is around the corner and what a great way to kick off Independence than with a stop in SEC territory at the most famous tailgating spot in the entire country: The Grove.

It would be great if we could get an Ole Miss poster to stop by and give us a game day breakdown of stuff to do, see, places to eat, etc.

Let's get some roll call action going. Who is IN? I will definitely be there and I may even wear a coat and tie.

Flim flam, bim bam, BYU by damn!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

I like BYU in this game. Provided we have a good fall camp and keep the injuries to a minimum (and avoid injuries at critical positions) our solid D and improved O will be formidable. However, I have no idea wha Ole Miss brings to the table. They may be ver good for all I know.

I am strongly considering going. What's the nearest airport to Oxford?

It's time to introduce little SJS to a live BYU game.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
      I like BYU in this game. Provided we have a good fall camp and keep the injuries to a minimum (and avoid injuries at critical positions) our solid D and improved O will be formidable. However, I have no idea wha Ole Miss brings to the table. They may be ver good for all I know.

I am strongly considering going. What's the nearest airport to Oxford?

It's time to introduce little SJS to a live BYU game.
      Memphis

Comment

I think I will fly into Memphis Tennessee. It appears to be closest. Also, it will give me a chance to ask around and see if anyone has heard of MyBoyNoah.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I talked to the boys to see where they would rather go, the Texas game or the Mississippi game. They chose Texas.

If the hype keeps up as good as it is now, maybe I will go on my own to the Miss. game.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            I talked to the boys to see where they would rather go, the Texas game or the Mississippi game. They chose Texas.

If the hype keeps up as good as it is now, maybe I will go on my own to the Miss. game.
            I think BYU will beat Ole Miss, barring mistakes. I understand Ole Miss is breaking in a new qb. In his first game against BYU I expect Ole Miss to try and turn it into a slugfest hoping the heat and humidity will wear down BYU. I think that plays into the strength of BYU's defense. I expect Ole Miss to score 10-17 points and I think BYU will get 24-31.

It is a great atmosphere there in Oxford.
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
              I think BYU will beat Ole Miss, barring mistakes. I understand Ole Miss is breaking in a new qb. In his first game against BYU I expect Ole Miss to try and turn it into a slugfest hoping the heat and humidity will wear down BYU. I think that plays into the strength of BYU's defense. I expect Ole Miss to score 10-17 points and I think BYU will get 24-31.

It is a great atmosphere there in Oxford.
              That is a plus. I would like to go to a good game we win.

Comment

I'm already going to the Texas game but if the hype machine continues into the fall I might be adding another trip south. Decisions, decisions...
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Flights to Oxford (from Detroit) are running about $300 round trip right now. Hotel for 2 nights and food for 2 days around $200. I have no idea what game tickets will cost.

Or drive 13 hours (with Little SJS). Leave at maybe 4 in the AM, and maybe make it in time for the firseide. Enjoy the game Saturday, and drive back Sunday night.

Which is better: sitting in the Cougar Club seats or buying better seats in the middle of the Ole Miss faithful?
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                    Flights to Oxford (from Detroit) are running about $300 round trip right now. Hotel for 2 nights and food for 2 days around $200. I have no idea what game tickets will cost.

Or drive 13 hours (with Little SJS). Leave at maybe 4 in the AM, and maybe make it in time for the firseide. Enjoy the game Saturday, and drive back Sunday night.

Which is better: sitting in the Cougar Club seats or buying better seats in the middle of the Ole Miss faithful?
                    My experience with CC seats hasn't been so good and I have access to Legacy priority (humblebrag).

The seats for the Oklahoma game were great, but Washington was lousy. so we went through Washington. Come to think of it though Arizona and UCLA weren't bad. I guess I am thinking of bad seats for the Vegas Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      My experience with CC seats hasn't been so good and I have access to Legacy priority (humblebrag).

The seats for the Oklahoma game were great, but Washington was lousy. so we went through Washington. Come to think of it though Arizona and UCLA weren't bad. I guess I am thinking of bad seats for the Vegas Bowl.
                      400 seats available right now on StubHub. Looks like you can get decent seats near either sideline (20-30 yard lines) for $100-125

- Ty Cobb

Comment

I had been planning on taking a week off and hitting both the Ole Miss and Texas games with the wifey and kids, maybe detouring through New Orleans and Houston on the way to Dallas. As it turns out, the stork has thrown a wrench (a lovely, darling wrench, i'm sure) into our plans, and it just won't be possible.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          I had been planning on taking a week off and hitting both the Ole Miss and Texas games with the wifey and kids, maybe detouring through New Orleans and Houston on the way to Dallas. As it turns out, the stork has thrown a wrench (a lovely, darling wrench, i'm sure) into our plans, and it just won't be possible.
                          Congrats!
                          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                            Congrats!
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                              Congrats!
                              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                              Yeah, I guess congrats, but horrible timing. Don't you time this stuff, Donut? Congrats on ruining your 2011 football season.

Comment

Working...
                              X