Rob Morris - Grad Assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Morris - Grad Assistant

Just read this on CB. Anyone heard anything?
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Just read this on CB. Anyone heard anything?
    If true, I think that's great news.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Really surprises me. He has wanted to get in to coaching for a long time but Bronco told him he had to go through the same channels as everyone else.
      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Really surprises me. He has wanted to get in to coaching for a long time but Bronco told him he had to go through the same channels as everyone else.
        Grad assistant though is a typical channel.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

So does this mean that BM isn't real high on his potential as a coach and wants to test it as a grad assistant? Doman didn't have to go through the usual channels as he went straight to QB coach, unless I'm mistaken and he was a graduate assistant. Cahoon didn't have to go through the usual channels either, unless you consider him helping out in the offseason usual channels.

I think this is a smart move by BM. You have a guy who is now a graduate assistant who is overqualified.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            So does this mean that BM isn't real high on his potential as a coach and wants to test it as a grad assistant? Doman didn't have to go through the usual channels as he went straight to QB coach, unless I'm mistaken and he was a graduate assistant. Cahoon didn't have to go through the usual channels either, unless you consider him helping out in the offseason usual channels.

I think this is a smart move by BM. You have a guy who is now a graduate assistant who is overqualified.
            Pure speculation, but I think BM may be skeptical as to whether their personalities are compatible. Morris was pretty vocal about relaxing the HC for non-LDS when he was at BYU, and that just isn't BM's style.

Also, Morris may actually place Football 2nd or 3rd on his priority list. That's just unacceptable. .
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by RedSox View Post
              Pure speculation, but I think BM may be skeptical as to whether their personalities are compatible. Morris was pretty vocal about relaxing the HC for non-LDS when he was at BYU, and that just isn't BM's style.

Also, Morris may actually place Football 2nd or 3rd on his priority list. That's just unacceptable. .
              Also, Morris thought the HC job should have gone to Lance Reynolds...

When Mendenhall was hired almost four years ago, Morris wasn't sure Mendenhall was the right man for the job. Morris was also disappointed that the job didn't go to longtime BYU assistant Lance Reynolds, another candidate who remained on staff after Mendenhall's promotion to head coach.

"In the beginning, I didn't know Bronco," Morris says. "I knew Lance Reynolds. I was a big Lance Reynolds fan. When (Mendenhall) came in with, 'We're going to bring in the right guys and high character guys,' I thought, 'You're not going to win a lot of games, either.' I was one of the naysayers."
              But now Morris is fully invested and even seems to be campaigning for a staff position...

Now, Morris is happy to see the Cougars return to national prominence and ranked in the top 10.

"Bronco earned my respect. I'm fully invested, as they say," Morris says. "I'm a believer. He's doing it the right way with the right people."
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The reason why Morris is there as a GA is because there are not any openings in the defensive side for coaches. I also know that when the next opening does become available, Bronco will be going after Micah Alba.

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post

I think so. Morris has the money to make it without being paid, so this way he gets his chance to prove his worth as a coach.
                  *Banned*

Comment

I remember one of the games of Morris's final year at the Y, they gave out these wooden whistles to reproduce a "Freight Train" sound. While I was working outside of the stadium at Pizza Hut, the noise was still deafening when the defense was on the field.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I think so. Morris has the money to make it without being paid, so this way he gets his chance to prove his worth as a coach.
                      Sounds like he has fils money.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        I remember one of the games of Morris's final year at the Y, they gave out these wooden whistles to reproduce a "Freight Train" sound. While I was working outside of the stadium at Pizza Hut, the noise was still deafening when the defense was on the field.
                        I still have my Rob "The Freight Train" Morris whistle somewhere.
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Always like Rob. Glad he will be on the sidelines.

[YOUTUBE]48njTrFpUZM[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

I wish you know what you were talking about RM turned down a coaching position from BM two years ago and wasn't interested in coaching. He is a GA to see if it the right job move for him and his family. And is willing to work from the ground up. Being out of the NFL for a few years make you think "what does the future hold?" He will be a great fit. He is a great leader, very intelligent both on and off the field and has a super bowl ring to wear into recruit’s houses what more do you want.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSox View Post

I have heard BM say a few different time s that Religion and family comes before football so that would put football 3rd or so on his list as well, they may get along great.

Comment

Working...
                              X