The Official 12 Pac football thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official 12 Pac football thread

Let's reture the anticipation thread. We're in.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Meet your new overlords
    [YOUTUBE]gbN39IauQuM[/YOUTUBE]
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      You should have called it the Pac-12 afterglow / smoke a cigarette thread
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I thought you guys weren't in until July? Oh yeah, your basketball season is in the tank.....nevermind....carry on....
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Was wondering if anyone had good info on how much of the increased tv revenue for the conference is due to Utah/Colorado additions and how much is simply inflation in the prices of sports content.

I appreciate that at least some of the increase must be due to the additions of UT/CU, but I reject as absurd the notion that the entire increase is due to the addition of two teams. Have also had some good debates about where to place the value of the championship game. I don't think you can ascribe all that value specifically to the new teams. I think the champ. game would have roughly the same value if the additions had been SDSU and Boise instead of Utah and Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Coug View Post
            Was wondering if anyone had good info on how much of the increased tv revenue for the conference is due to Utah/Colorado additions and how much is simply inflation in the prices of sports content.

I appreciate that at least some of the increase must be due to the additions of UT/CU, but I reject as absurd the notion that the entire increase is due to the addition of two teams. Have also had some good debates about where to place the value of the championship game. I don't think you can ascribe all that value specifically to the new teams. I think the champ. game would have roughly the same value if the additions had been SDSU and Boise instead of Utah and Colorado.
            Part of the increase must be due to the fact that a new contract is being negotiatiated, the Pac has leverage, maybe it's a seller's market. I agree with you, there is a lot going on here, and the contract is being re-negotiated.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by LA Coug View Post

And, yet, they didn't add Boise and SDSU. Or BYU for that matter. Did they?

Comment

Nice interview with Kyle on Ted Miller's blog today:

[ame="http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post?id"]College Football Nation Blog - ESPN[/ame] =39616

When he reached out to a prospect, [Whittingham] could promise more than he could in the past, starting with an affiliation with an automatic-qualifying conference. That's the bright lights, big city of college football. "Son," Whittingham can now ask a young, West Coast hot shot, "would you like to one day play in the Rose Bowl?"

A recruit in Southern California who thinks Salt Lake City is somewhere near Narnia? No problem: "Son, Utah is in the Pac-12 South Division with USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State and Colorado. You'll get plenty of sunshine during the season and you'll come home for a game every year and get to see your mommy."

You cannot underestimate what a game-changer that can be in recruiting. Said Whittingham, "Without a doubt we were able to get in on several players that we would have had no chance of getting in on without the affiliation with the Pac-12."
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  Nice interview with Kyle on Ted Miller's blog today:

College Football Nation Blog - ESPN =39616
                  Utah is now a top flight sports school.

(Don't forget. Please see to it Dr. Hill gets my baskeball coach short list. Tell him I want him to spare nothing to go as high as he can on the list.)

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

"Son," Whittingham can now ask a young, West Coast hot shot, "would you like to one day play in the Rose Bowl?"
                    So Whit is promising a Rose Bowl within 4 years. Noted.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      So Whit is promising a Rose Bowl within 4 years. Noted.
                      That's what Ted Miller wrote could happen. Triplet says Ted Miller is a good writer. I think you should pay attention to Ted.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Utah is now a top flight sports school.

(

You are a near-top flight football and top-flight gymnastics school.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                          That's what Ted Miller wrote could happen. Triplet says Ted Miller is a good writer. I think you should pay attention to Ted.
                          Triplet was mocking Ted Miller just 18 months ago, if you are going to pay attention pay attention to everything!
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Triplet was mocking Ted Miller just 18 months ago, if you are going to pay attention pay attention to everything!
                            Pay attention to Triplet?
                            ― W.H. Auden

Comment

It would be something if Utah could win a Rose Bowl in 4 years given that Oregon hasn't won one in almost 100 years.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X