Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

On the advice of one waupinmon, and the example of happyone, I'd just like to quickly introduce myself.

Education: BYU for undergrad, and the U for law school.
    location: the desert. Not sure how I ended up here, though. Must have been my wife's doing.
    Some kids, 6 and 2.
    Mission: Chicago.
    hobbies: sadly, this is one. no offense. I used to play xbox with my son, until he got immeasurably better than me and I couldn't keep up. Damn job prevents me from spending the necessary time, I guess. I also tool around on the guitar, but I realize that I'm no good whenever my wife makes a request and I have to admit I can't play it.

Anyway, I'll probably spend most of my time in the Back Fence and the Foyer. I'm not the type of guy that can really parse stats or anything in the sports categories, although I do consider myself a sports fan.
    Last edited by falafel; 06-30-2009, 02:21 PM.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Great having you. Do you specialize in any particular type of law.

Comment

Thanks, nice to be here.

Being a solo, I take a lot of different cases, mostly small stuff. Lots of personal injury, some consumer bankruptcy (more now), the occasional family law case. I don't do divorces, though.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Welcome!

Your moniker and avatar are making me hungry. Any back story there?
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Welcome!

Your moniker and avatar are making me hungry. Any back story there?
          I have some Persian family on my mother's side. My maternal grandmother used to make great falafel. I guess I picked that name just as sort of a small connection to my actual self (as opposed to my online self). At the end of the day, however, I'm just a white dude with darker than average hair and an anglo name.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            On the advice of one waupinmon, and the example of happyone, I'd just like to quickly introduce myself.

Education: the BYU for two degrees. One in the humanities, and one in law.
            location: the desert. Not sure how I ended up here, though. Must have been my wife's doing.
            Some kids, 10 and 7.
            Mission: Nicaragua.
            hobbies: sadly, this is one. no offense. I used to play xbox with my son, until he got immeasurably better than me and I couldn't keep up. Damn job prevents me from spending the necessary time, I guess. I also tool around on the guitar, but I realize that I'm no good whenever my wife makes a request and I have to admit I can't play it.

Anyway, I'll probably spend most of my time in the Back Fence and the Foyer. I'm not the type of guy that can really parse stats or anything in the sports categories, although I do consider myself a sports fan.
            When did you graduate from the JRube?
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              Great having you. Do you specialize in any particular type of law.
              I hope you haven't gone soft and decided that there are some of us who are "okay."

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                I hope you haven't gone soft and decided that there are some of us who are "okay."
                Actually, I really like all the lawyers on here. That being said, I always maintaing my right to poke fun at the profession as a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  When did you graduate from the JRube?
                  2001. I started at McGeorge and then transferred to the Y after my first year.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Actually, I really like all the lawyers on here. That being said, I always maintaing my right to poke fun at the profession as a hole.
                    That thar is funny whether it was intentional or not.

Comment

wUApinmon.

Great to have you here. Please feel free to say something outlandish and self-aggrandizing so everyone will forget about my troubled past.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        wUApinmon.

Great to have you here. Please feel free to say something outlandish and self-aggrandizing so everyone will forget about my troubled past.
                        Oops. To be honest, I scored it as a minor victory that I at least got the letters in your name right, if not the order.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Welcome falafel.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Thanks, nice to be here.

Being a solo, I take a lot of different cases, mostly small stuff. Lots of personal injury, some consumer bankruptcy (more now), the occasional family law case. I don't do divorces, though.
                            what the hell is wrong with divorces? They are usually so cheerful and over quickly with few issues.

Comment

I always maintain my right to poke fun at the profession, ass hole.
                              Woah there, buddy. Make fun of the profession all you want, but no need to inject profanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X