Buckeye fan builds massive LEGO Horseshoe replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckeye fan builds massive LEGO Horseshoe replica

This guy spent 2 years and almost $75K building what looks like a pretty sweet replica of Ohio State's fmaous stadium where USC went a couple of years ago and won in the final minutes, breaking the hearts of Buckeye fans and earning me a free dinner.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/vi...Stadium-Legos/

He used over a million bricks. He even made sure the mini-figs of the band were wearing the right colored clothes.

Who doesn’t love Legos, right? Ah, the possibilities. Many of us remember putting together something that resembled our childhood home or an X-wing Fighter or a castle. Well, that wasn’t good enough for Paul M.L. Janssen, an associate professor in Ohio State University’s department of physiology and cell biology. No, Janssen, whose day-to-day involves studying the effects of myocardial relaxation, decided to go a step further in his off hours and construct a 1:100 scale model of Ohio Stadium, aka The Horseshoe. The best part was, Janssen had to start completely from square one: To plan the project, Janssen studied stadium measurements and satellite images, often taking photos of the press box or other details during football games. (He didn’t really understand the sport at first but is now a fan and a season-ticket holder.) He spent more than three years acquiring the necessary Legos, often improvising: Dragon horns from a Lego castle kit are part of the rotunda decor; chrome truck parts serve as pipes extending from the stadium bathrooms. Whereas Ohio Stadium cost around $1.5 million to build in 1922 (almost $20 million in today’s dollars) the Lego replica has an estimated Lego value approaching $75,000. — Wired.com
    Is DaBrockster going to check this thing out? I would definitely go see it when it goes on display.

Some pics

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

How is he going to get it out of his basement?
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      How is he going to get it out of his his mom's basement?
      I think this is likely more accurate.

Comment

Poor BoylenOver. Only a small segment appear to be students of his posts.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          How is he going to get it out of his basement?
          It breaks up into several pieces, each weighing around 70 pounds or so.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

My 5 year old could bring that down in seconds. Just ask his older brother.

Comment

That story is pretty cool. The guy was raised in the Netherlands and is now a Buckeye-crazy Ohio State prof. It shows how fast this great country can take hold of someone.

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                Poor BoylenOver. Only a small segment appear to be students of his posts.
                I was going to add tooblue but I think we already knew DDD didn't read his work.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  This guy spent 2 years and almost $75K building what looks like a pretty sweet replica of Ohio State's fmaous stadium where USC went a couple of years ago and won in the final minutes, breaking the hearts of Buckeye fans and earning me a free dinner.

Is DaBrockster going to check this thing out? I would definitely go see it when it goes on display.

Some pics

Check it out?? I helped him build it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    I was going to add tooblue but I think we already knew DDD didn't read his work.
                    Oh, he reads my posts alright; asking about my kids etc. and likely on his ipad he's so obsessed with.

He's a tripple hack!

Comment

Working...
                    X