Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chambers is Back!!!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...es-at-BYU.html

I am happy about that. Maybe with a year's worth of hard work he can round out to a good to great wr for us.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Good for him.

I posted something in the early 2011 thread, but it sounds as if he'll be back with the team for spring ball.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        I am happy about that. Maybe with a year's worth of hard work he can round out to a good to great wr for us.
        I think he will be a solid back up as a senior. I think BYU is going to be playing many two tight end formations. I also think BYU is going to continue to utilize a fullback with Hague and then with Iona Pritchard. Essentially, I think BYU will have room for two leading recievers and two back ups, barring injuries. I just don't see more than 4 getting any amount of significant reps. I think next year those 4 will be Hoffman, Jacobsen, Apo and Hafoka. Probably in that order. The following year I think Hoffman and Apo will take the lions share of the reps with Chambers and Smith getting back up duty. I think Chambers' number of reps as a senior will be similar to what he saw as a freshman. I do think he will get to play a lot of special teams and my guess is that he will get a hell of a lot of reps in October and November on KO team! I don't even think Oneil will be returning punts or kickoffs. I doubt he touches the field on punt return and while I could see him on the field on KO return, I doubt it is as a returner. I think Falslev is a better punt returner already. On kickoff return clearly Hoffman is already better and my guess is BYU is going to want Drew Phillips' homerun potential out there as well. Especially by the time Drew is a sophmore, which would be the year Oneil returns.

I want to see Oniel make it. I want Dick Harmon articles about redemption and what he has learned and the type of role model he has grown into, whether true or not. I also don't expect Oneil to play as much as a senior as he did as a soph and junior.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Why are you happy about it? What exactly has he done that makes this a happy announcement?

I'm not a Chambers hater, but last year we were better without him than with him (many reasons, but it's hard not to think he wasn't a distraction).

He is big and strong, but slow and prone to fumble. Maybe he can come back as a TE and make meaningful contributions.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I'm happy about it, but I'm a sucker for redemption stories. I'm still skeptical he'll make it to 2012, but I hope he does. If he's sees the field in '12, even in a limited role, he'll become a poster boy for future recruiting and marketing efforts. I envision a new Boyd K. Packer-narrated video about satisfying the demands of both justice and mercy.

I'm more of a Chambers fan now than I ever was before.

Comment

In other news, it looks like Albert Haynesworth might still be on the Redskins roster come next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSox View Post
                Why are you happy about it? What exactly has he done that makes this a happy announcement?

I'm not a Chambers hater, but last year we were better without him than with him (many reasons, but it's hard not to think he wasn't a distraction).

He is big and strong, but slow and prone to fumble. Maybe he can come back as a TE and make meaningful contributions.
                do I think he is slated as a starter? No. Do I think he has potential to be better than he has shown? Yes. He adds depth to the wr group and is the best down field blocker of any of the wr group.

Plus I like redemption stories as well and I think he has much more potential than he has shown. I hope he will actually put in the time to get better now that he has been sufficiently humbled.

Comment

Considering the personal obstacles Chambers has had to overcome that have nothing to do with football I am completely rooting for him and hope he has a redemptive close to his campaign as a football player at BYU.

Mike Hague is moving to Safety by the way.

Comment

He never left.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by EdmondDantes View Post
                      Considering the personal obstacles Chambers has had to overcome that have nothing to do with football I am completely rooting for him and hope he has a redemptive close to his campaign as a football player at BYU.

Mike Hague is moving to Safety by the way.
                      Is hague to safety official? Can he make an impact there?
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        I find it strange as well. He has grown into a fullback's body rather than that of a safety. I guess he just wants to see the field and we are potentially weak at that position but I am skeptical that he will be a great safety.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          I wish the staff or Drew or someone would put out an announcement concerning who is going on missions, who is transferring out etc. I really would like to know if Stout has decided to go, same with Rowley and if Tayo is the only transfer casualty.

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I find it strange as well. He has grown into a fullback's body rather than that of a safety. I guess he just wants to see the field and we are potentially weak at that position but I am skeptical that he will be a great safety.
                            I actually thought he had a good future as a fullback. He catches the ball much better than Mendenhall. My guess is they are paving the way for BYU's next NFL caliber FB at FullBackYOU, the great Eye-Own-UH Pritchard!

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

do I think he is slated as a starter? No. Do I think he has potential to be better than he has shown? Yes. He adds depth to the wr group and is the best down field blocker of any of the wr group.

Plus I like redemption stories as well and I think he has much more potential than he has shown. I hope he will actually put in the time to get better now that he has been sufficiently humbled.
                              I won't argue with you regarding his blocking ability. I think that's just another reason he's a perfect fit for a TE.

I hope he is humbled, works his butt off and surprises everyone in 2012.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                              X