• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utes up to #6 in BCS...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3721843

Full standings here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

It would appear that Texas will be in the Big 12 Championship game over Oklahoma, unless an OU win over OSU this Saturday is somehow enough to push them ahead of Texas (UT plays Texas A&M).

Texas v. Florida in the NCG.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
      It would appear that Texas will be in the Big 12 Championship game over Oklahoma, unless an OU win over OSU this Saturday is somehow enough to push them ahead of Texas (UT plays Texas A&M).
      Scottie, Oklahoma and Texas are in a virtual tie for second in the BCS, and it's the computers giving Texas the .007 edge. A win over #12 Oklahoma State would certainly be enough to overcome that margin. The question is whether the voters would change their vote to put Texas in the game.

I'm curious if anyone can explain how Utah dropped in the computer rankings after defeating BYU? Did all your previous opponents lose this week? I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
        Scottie, Oklahoma and Texas are in a virtual tie for second in the BCS, and it's the computers giving Texas the .007 edge. A win over #12 Oklahoma State would certainly be enough to overcome that margin. The question is whether the voters would change their vote to put Texas in the game.

I'm curious if anyone can explain how Utah dropped in the computer rankings after defeating BYU? Did all your previous opponents lose this week? I don't get it.
        If OU can run up the score against OSU, they will and THEN some.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
          If OU can run up the score against OSU, they will and THEN some.
          If the same team from yesterday shows up in Stillwater, the Cowboys won't stand a chance. But if is the operative word there.
          -
          Regarding my question about the Utes, I think it must be because Michigan lost so badly yesterday. That's all I can figure.

Comment

Oklahoma moved from 6th to 3rd. Whipping #2 by 44 jumped them over Florida too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercutio View Post
              Oklahoma moved from 6th to 3rd. Whipping #2 by 44 jumped them over Florida too.
              Right. I knew that, but somehow I misread the chart and thought Tech had fallen below to offset that, and that the Utes had gotten passed up by either USC, who had a bye, or Florida, who played Citadel.

Comment

Right. I knew that, but somehow I misread the chart and thought Tech had fallen below to offset that, and that the Utes had gotten passed up by either USC, who had a bye, or Florida, who played Citadel.

Plus, don't forget....SC has two more games to play. Maybe they can move up, but they need a lot of help at this point.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Plus, don't forget....SC has two more games to play. Maybe they can move up, but they need a lot of help at this point.
                  This article says "a perfect storm" storm could put Utah in the NC game (I like Whit still being hungry, thinking that way; speaks volumes). You football experts, what's the perfect storm?

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...144&CID=880466
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    This article says "a perfect storm" storm could put Utah in the NC game (I like Whit still being hungry, thinking that way; speaks volumes). You football experts, what's the perfect storm?

Pigs fly?

Hell freezes over?

sigpic

Comment

Pigs fly?

Hell freezes over?
                      Sour grapes?
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Oklahoma would need to lose to Ok st. Texas would have to lose to Mizzou in the Big 12 Champ game, USC would need to lose to ND or UCLA and then Florida or Alabama against Utah in the National Championship game. This would still take huge nuts by the human voters.

Comment

Sour grapes?
                          no, more like reading comprehension.

that was a whit quote, not a rivals quote.

no football pundit is putting a non-bcs team in the NC game.

that was well established long before this weekend.

Hey, at least I was at the game. You weren't.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                            Oklahoma would need to lose to Ok st. Texas would have to lose to Mizzou in the Big 12 Champ game, USC would need to lose to ND or UCLA and then Florida or Alabama against Utah in the National Championship game. This would still take huge nuts by the human voters.
                            The human element is the key, not the losses.

Those teams could still lose, but if pollsters don't drop them far enough, then it won't matter.

sigpic

Comment

no, more like reading comprehension.
                              Mr. Reading Comprehension:

Rivals:

"Maybe, just maybe, Utah will wiggle its way into the BCS championship game."

(Note the third-person POV?)

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X