Feedback on new layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on new layout

I was going to move the "who's in chat" bar up to the top of the main page. Then I thought it might be nice to see the list of online posters up at the top. So I just did a wholesale move of the "What's going on?" section. Let me know if you like it. I can change it back easily.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Give me a day or two to get used to it. My first reaction was that I didn't like it, but as I thought about it there's no reason why. I just don't like change sometimes. This new format is probably more functional and my guess is I'll end up liking it this way.

Comment

I prefer the old way but the new look might grow on me.

Comment

It's a standard guideline of web layout that you want as much content as possible above the fold. This change is a move toward the opposite. OTOH, rules were made to be broken. If you're wanting to emphasize who's online and what's going on, then I say go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
          It's a standard guideline of web layout that you want as much content as possible above the fold. This change is a move toward the opposite. OTOH, rules were made to be broken. If you're wanting to emphasize who's online and what's going on, then I say go with it.
          I guess it depends on how you define "content". It seems like people wanted the who is using chat feature on top like it was in CG.

Every time I come to the site I immediately hit the "New Posts" link so it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me either way. I rarely navigate into the threads using the main page as a starting point. Unless I am going to post a new thread, of course. The main reason I typically go to the main page is to see who is online.

Let me try splitting it up a bit and see if that is better. No need to put post board stats at the top.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

OK. Now it's just users and chat status.

Keep the feedback coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I guess it depends on how you define "content".
              Right. It's a matter of which content you want to emphasize.

Comment

I was going to move the "who's in chat" bar up to the top of the main page. Then I thought it might be nice to see the list of online posters up at the top. So I just did a wholesale move of the "What's going on?" section. Let me know if you like it. I can change it back easily.
                Having been interested in "monitoring" new members joining the board ,i would have to scroll down every time i am in the main page to see new comers.Do you think its possible or proper to move this feature to the top as well? Its lazy ,i know ,but it seems that i cannot afford to miss them out!

Comment

Originally posted by MindfulCoug View Post
                  Having been interested in "monitoring" new members joining the board ,i would have to scroll down every time i am in the main page to see new comers.Do you think its possible or proper to move this feature to the top as well? Its lazy ,i know ,but it seems that i cannot afford to miss them out!
                  I had it up there at first but since that is something that does not change as frequently, I opted to leave it down below.

I would probably be happy either way. Any one else have an opinion on this?

Now that we have been using the "who's online" feature on top for a few days, I think I like it.

Comment

I had it up there at first but since that is something that does not change as frequently, I opted to leave it down below.

I would probably be happy either way. Any one else have an opinion on this?

Now that we have been using the "who's online" feature on top for a few days, I think I like it.
                    Leb, does vbulletin have the ability to make the order customizable on the user level?

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                      Leb, does vbulletin have the ability to make the order customizable on the user level?
                      Not that I can find.

Comment

I have a suggestion for a new layout... how about we take it back to 1996?

http://wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesize...aruteforum.com
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I love it!
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

The MIDI was a nice touch.
                            Not that, sickos.

Comment

Working...
                            X