Luck staying at Stanford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luck staying at Stanford

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754"]Andrew Luck skipping NFL draft, will return to Stanford Cardinal - ESPN[/ame]
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Someone needs to have Jake Locker and Ty Detmer give him a call. Nothing to gain here.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
      Someone needs to have Jake Locker and Ty Detmer give him a call. Nothing to gain here.
      I'm just glad the Utes don't have to face him next year.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Don't forget Matt Leinhart. Big mistake. Luck played HS ball with a friend of mine's kid. He's apparently really smart, which makes this decision all the more surprising.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by RedSox View Post
          Don't forget Matt Leinhart. Big mistake. Luck played HS ball with a friend of mine's kid. He's apparently really smart, which makes this decision all the more surprising.
          Matt's decision was pretty simple....he wanted to go for a second Heisman and wanted to win a 3rd NC in a row, something that had never been done before.

He came close on the first count (went to the ceremony as a finalist) and came really close to the second (knee was down, everyone knows it).

His NFL career would be no different today had he left as a Junior.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RedSox View Post
            He could have a career ending injury next year either way, but one of those ways involves eight figures already sitting in your bank account.

Comment

He could have a career ending injury next year either way, but one of those ways involves eight figures already sitting in your bank account.
              I am sure Lloyds of London will take his premiums.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                I wonder if it has anything to do with Carolina making clear it would take him.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Matt's decision was pretty simple....he wanted to go for a second Heisman and wanted to win a 3rd NC in a row, something that had never been done before.

He came close on the first count (went to the ceremony as a finalist) and came really close to the second (knee was down, everyone knows it).

His NFL career would be no different today had he left as a Junior.
                  No, but his account took a major hit.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    They took Jimmers. Jimmer has a million dollars on him right now.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      They took Jimmers. Jimmer has a million dollars on him right now.
                      Any idea what the premium is on a million $ policy?

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                        Any idea what the premium is on a million $ policy?
                        No idea. But I remember reading about 10 years ago or so something about the NBA paying the premiums for these players as they are future entities to the league. I don't know if that still happens or is still allowed.
                        *Banned*

Comment

An injury wouldn't stop the NFL from giving him big money just like they did Bradford. This is the last year before the NFL starts with a rookie cap much like the NBA has.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            No idea. But I remember reading about 10 years ago or so something about the NBA paying the premiums for these players as they are future entities to the league. I don't know if that still happens or is still allowed.

CJ is correct...depending on your stature as a college player, you will get insurance. Great college players like Leinart were able to insure well over $10 million in case of a career ending injury. Maybe not to cover his entire NFL career, but a nice policy nonetheless.

Comment

I wonder if it has anything to do with Carolina making clear it would take him.
                              Carolina just lost any value that pick had. They're now the Wizards staring at drafting Kwame Brown.

Sure, there are other QBs, but those QBs aren't Luck...will they be bad enough to get him next year? Do they gamble on the Missouri kid or Newton or Mallett that high up? Can't trade down, so they probably now take the best defensive player on the board.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X