"Cousins": Mahe/Unga/Sikahema/Tahi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Cousins": Mahe/Unga/Sikahema/Tahi

I just read the Unga kid's bio from OSU. He calls Mahe and Tahi his cousins, and I've heard Harvey refer to Sikahema as a cousin or uncle. Deuce Latui also called Sikahema his uncle (I think) in that online article that popped up a few days ago. Are these guys all really first cousins/uncles/aunts, or are they operating under a more liberal definition of "uncle" and "cousin"?

If they're all related that closely, we need to do our part to ensure that their gene pool is not watered down by skinny white chicks.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Originally posted by RedSox View Post
    I just read the Unga kid's bio from OSU. He calls Mahe and Tahi his cousins, and I've heard Harvey refer to Sikahema as a cousin or uncle. Deuce Latui also called Sikahema his uncle (I think) in that online article that popped up a few days ago. Are these guys all really first cousins/uncles/aunts, or are they operating under a more liberal definition of "uncle" and "cousin"?

If they're all related that closely, we need to do our part to ensure that their gene pool is not watered down by skinny white chicks.
    The thing I liked most about Deuce is that neither of his parents stand taller than 5'6".

Well I also like that he shares his name with a male working man.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

They all have poly wives or baby mama. Not sure about Tahi, but I think his wife is white.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Isn't Unga's wife the poly girl from the hoops team? She's quite the athlete. I know Mahe's wife Sunny was a great volleyball player before she got married etc.

Comment

Different cultures have different definitions for familial terms, and I think Polynesians are quite liberal with their definition of "cousin." I could be wrong about that, and that wouldn't mean that these guys aren't all actual cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
            Different cultures have different definitions for familial terms, and I think Polynesians are quite liberal with their definition of "cousin." I could be wrong about that, and that wouldn't mean that these guys aren't all actual cousins.
            Within my experience you are right about that. In fact, it seems that among some of those cultures everyone older than you is an uncle or aunt and everyone the same age or younger is a cousin.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Fahu's dad & the Unga's grandmother are brother & sister. The connection with Reno is through his mom. There isn't a word for cousin in the Tongan vocabulary. The closest word is toko'ua which loosely translates to brother or sister.

Comment

I have an untold number of aunties and uncles.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by SipiTau View Post
                  Fahu's dad & the Unga's grandmother are brother & sister. The connection with Reno is through his mom. There isn't a word for cousin in the Tongan vocabulary. The closest word is toko'ua which loosely translates to brother or sister.
                  Why the hell don't you post more? Step up man.
                  "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    They all have poly wives or baby mama. Not sure about Tahi, but I think his wife is white.
                    Fahu is on his second marriage and I think his second wife is part native american.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Train View Post
                      Fahu is on his second marriage and I think his second wife is part native american.
                      First wife was Poly, second wife is white.
                      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                        Isn't Unga's wife the poly girl from the hoops team? She's quite the athlete. I know Mahe's wife Sunny was a great volleyball player before she got married etc.
                        Sunny's half Polynesian. And she's very tall. When she wears high heels she's literally a foot taller than Junior.

Comment

Originally posted by statman View Post
                          Sunny's half Polynesian. And she's very tall. When she wears high heels she's literally a foot taller than Junior.
                          I remember her from when she played volleyball at the Y. She could really play and quit with eligibility left. She's probably 6'1 or 6'2 isn't she?

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                            I remember her from when she played volleyball at the Y. She could really play and quit with eligibility left. She's probably 6'1 or 6'2 isn't she?
                            More like 6'3" - 6'4"...

I'm not sure about NCAA eligibility, but she literally walked away from qualifiers for the US Olympic team after she heard her newborn daughter crying in the arena where they were playing. Baby = important. Olympics = nice but not so important.

She really has her head screwed on straight...

Comment

Originally posted by statman View Post
                              More like 6'3" - 6'4"...

I'm not sure about NCAA eligibility, but she literally walked away from qualifiers for the US Olympic team after she heard her newborn daughter crying in the arena where they were playing. Baby = important. Olympics = nice but not so important.

She really has her head screwed on straight...
                              She wasn't that tall. I remember her from when she played sand volleyball against my wife and she was extremely big jumping but 6'2" would be a max and 6'1" is more likely. She could really hit the shit out of the ball though. Given her size and shoulder, they are probably making the QB of the future at the Mahe house.

I've never heard the story about Olympic qualifying but I'm not surprised she was at that level. I think she was looking at All-American status prior to her senior or junior year (whichever one she left before). Amazing young lady.

Comment

Working...
                              X