Clear All

• BYU "Fan": The 1984 season wasn't a great year

I've finally seen it all.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=4508468
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
    I've finally seen it all.
    Can we take this to mean that you will now retire from message board posting?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Can we take this to mean that you will now retire from message board posting?
      Why would anybody want Indy to stop posting? He's like Zoloft for the Cougar Nation, keeping the extremists at bay and everybody else regulated.

And yes, 84' was not a great season, BYU beat nobody that year and backed into the National Championship. I take more pride in the seasons where BYU actually beat somebody with a pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Soho View Post
        Why would anybody want Indy to stop posting? He's like Zoloft for the Cougar Nation, keeping the extremists at bay and everybody else regulated.
        Do you want my reasons specifically or are you opening it up to the group at large?
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Do you want my reasons specifically or are you opening it up to the group at large?
          No matter how much I disagree with somebody, which is about half the time with Indy, I still dont ever want to see them go away and stop posting. We already have to many of those types over on TBS.

Comment

And yes, 84' was not a great season, BYU beat nobody that year and backed into the National Championship. I take more pride in the seasons where BYU actually beat somebody with a pulse.
            So how in the blue hell do you consider 1985 to be a great season when we pissed away games to UCLA, Ohio State and a 1-10 UTEP team? Is it because BYU beat a 4-8 Flutie-less Boston College team? Man, that's a mighty high threshold you're holding them to there.

Comment

So how in the blue hell do you consider 1985 to be a great season when we pissed away games to UCLA, Ohio State and a 1-10 UTEP team? Is it because BYU beat a 4-8 Flutie-less Boston College team? Man, that's a mighty high threshold you're holding them to there.
              Can I get a take-back?

Comment

Can I get a take-back?
                Only if you then immediately replace it with 1984. If you really think only 3 of 29 seasons under LaVell are worth being proud of, you will never be happy as a Cougar fan.

Comment

Only if you then immediately replace it with 1984. If you really think only 3 of 29 seasons under LaVell are worth being proud of, you will never be happy as a Cougar fan.
                  80' 83' 96', Great Seasons
                  84' 85' 06', Really good Seasons
                  79' 81' 90' 01' 07' 08' Good Seasons

Everything else is just average to whatever, I really dont care.

09' has the potential to be a great season.

Comment

I think 83 was our best team since I've been following BYU.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

No matter how much I disagree with somebody, which is about half the time with Indy, I still dont ever want to see them go away and stop posting. We already have to many of those types over on TBS.

Read much from Halluexute yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X