PDA

View Full Version : Game Thoughts from North End Zone

Mormon Red Death
11-22-2008, 11:32 PM
1. Austin Collie is the best receive in mwc and has nice pro career waiting for him. To be honest byu should have played him on D.

2. Bryce McCain was getting burned like crazy tonight. the utes kept switchig who he was covering because byu was trying to go against him

3. Ludwig called the best game of his career.

4. Anyone who sees Kruger play and doesnt think he can play on sundays is absolutely crazy

5. Give it up to Brian Johnson.. No Turnoveer, 31-36 204 4tds.

6. RJ Stanford did a good job on collie when sean smith was out. speaking of that for those who watched on tv did Sean smith get hurt?

7. I'm starting to believe too blue. Byu is down 17 in the 4th quarter and then they decide to run the football?

8. College football news is predicting Utah will play USC in the Fiesta Bowl. I think it will be bama in the sugar. How I see it playing out.

FLA v Texas MNC
PSU v Ore St Rose
OK v USC Fiesta
BC v Cincy Orange
Bama v Utah in the sugar bowl

Essentially it will come down to who the sugar bowl picks between Utah and Cincy

Jeff Lebowski
11-22-2008, 11:50 PM
FLA v Texas MNC
PSU v Ore St Rose
OK v USC Fiesta
BC v Cincy Orange

I could live with that.

cougjunkie
11-23-2008, 07:35 AM
1. Austin Collie is the best receive in mwc and has nice pro career waiting for him. To be honest byu should have played him on D.

2. Bryce McCain was getting burned like crazy tonight. the utes kept switchig who he was covering because byu was trying to go against him

3. Ludwig called the best game of his career.

4. Anyone who sees Kruger play and doesnt think he can play on sundays is absolutely crazy

5. Give it up to Brian Johnson.. No Turnoveer, 31-36 204 4tds.

6. RJ Stanford did a good job on collie when sean smith was out. speaking of that for those who watched on tv did Sean smith get hurt?

7. I'm starting to believe too blue. Byu is down 17 in the 4th quarter and then they decide to run the football?

8. College football news is predicting Utah will play USC in the Fiesta Bowl. I think it will be bama in the sugar. How I see it playing out.

FLA v Texas MNC
PSU v Ore St Rose
OK v USC Fiesta
BC v Cincy Orange

Essentially it will come down to who the sugar bowl picks between Utah and Cincy

Why would the Orang take by far the two worst BCS teams?

Fiyero
11-23-2008, 09:10 AM

They are bound by contract to take the ACC team, and they have the last pick amongst the at-large selections this year. MRD's scenario is that with the second to last pick, the Sugar would select Utah over Cincinnati.

Gocougs
11-23-2008, 10:41 PM

Here's a suggestion for the BCS. Each year, they pick the winner of the conference who has a higher rated conference. This year they would have picked the MWC champ instead of the ACC or Big East. No way should the ACC AND the Big East get auto bids.

That would force the weaker conferences to play a tougher schedule.

CJF
11-24-2008, 06:05 AM
Here's a suggestion for the BCS. Each year, they pick the winner of the conference who has a higher rated conference. This year they would have picked the MWC champ instead of the ACC or Big East. No way should the ACC AND the Big East get auto bids.

That would force the weaker conferences to play a tougher schedule.

In the computer polls, the MWC is not higher rated. Sagarin poll has the MWC number 7 by a good margin. They also have the ACC has the #1 conference.

ERCougar
11-24-2008, 06:22 AM
In the computer polls, the MWC is not higher rated. Sagarin poll has the MWC number 7 by a good margin. They also have the ACC has the #1 conference.

I posted that last week. If I were an ACC fan, I'd be touting our parity. Really, the reason we think they're so weak is that they don't have a dominant team. That could be a function of general weakness, or it could be a function of parity, meaning everyone has 3-4 losses to each other. Sagarin thinks it must be the latter, based on whatever he bases things on. Maybe we'll all be surprised and they'll blow everyone away in their bowl game.