My thoughts on tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on tomorrow

I will be honest I am a little worried about the game tomorrow. To stop the option is not easy as you all know. My biggest worry for tomorrow is once again the play of the secondary. Not only have they been bad in coverage but they have not been the best tacklers either. To stop the option you need so much support from the corners and especially the free safety. Usually the free safety is always on pitch man and it is his job to come up and support and stop it. Our free safety is by far the worst tackler of the bunch. Please see the New Mexico game if you don't believe me on this. I hope they can step it up back there tomorrow. I don't want to have to kick the dog again this week
    "Take it to the Bank"

Against Air Force in 2004, Bronco used Brady Poppinga in an interesting role, moving him around the field and putting him in positions where he could make plays, more as a LB than a DE. I wish Bronco would do the same with Jan tomorrow, preferably replacing one of the middle backers. It would be nice to see Jan be able to be active and all over the field, and be able to make plays.

Comment

I'm more than a little worried about the game tomorrow.

Everyone keeps talking about how well we (you know what I mean by "we", right?) match up well against, AFA. But I'm not buying it. I see them running for 200+ yards tomorrow and throwing for another 150+. If they can eat up the clock like UNM did, it could spell bad things for the Cougs. Very bad things.

I'm almost glad that I don't get to watch the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
        Against Air Force in 2004, Bronco used Brady Poppinga in an interesting role, moving him around the field and putting him in positions where he could make plays, more as a LB than a DE. I wish Bronco would do the same with Jan tomorrow, preferably replacing one of the middle backers. It would be nice to see Jan be able to be active and all over the field, and be able to make plays.
        He did stand Jan up a few times in certain circumstances. It will be interesting to see if he does that again this week.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
          If they can eat up the clock like UNM did, it could spell bad things for the Cougs. Very bad things.
          This is another huge point because Air Force has been able to pretty much do that with everyone they have played this year.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
            I'm more than a little worried about the game tomorrow.

Everyone keeps talking about how well we (you know what I mean by "we", right?) match up well against, AFA. But I'm not buying it. I see them running for 200+ yards tomorrow and throwing for another 150+. If they can eat up the clock like UNM did, it could spell bad things for the Cougs. Very bad things.

I'm almost glad that I don't get to watch the game.
            I know we are not great against the pass, but Airforces passing statistics are as follows:

SUU: 8 for 12 75 yards 1 td
            Wyo: 3 for 4 15 yards 1 int
            Houston: 0 for 7
            Utah: 7 for 13 138 yards 1 td 2 ints
            Navy: 12 for 21 124 1 td
            SDSU: 5 of 7 75 yards 1 td
            UNLV: 6 of 7 150 yars 2 td
            UNM: 1 of 3, 1 yard, 1 td, 1 int
            Army: 3 of 8, 32 yards, 1 int
            CSU: 6 of 8 171 yards, 2 tds

I think they are efficient but also very inept at times. I dont think we allow over 100 yards passing.
            *Banned*

Comment

The AFA game is the most difficult to predict this season IMO. In the past the Cougs have had success stopping the Zoomies option and trickeration. This season I'm concerned that the D will continue to be merely adequate and allow AFA to dominate time of possession. Certainly the Cougs O can score quickly, assuming the weather cooperates. But if the weather is an issue ...

The Cougs peaked early against UCLA. They sunk to the lowest of lows at TCU (and USU but they are so bad ... ). Here's hoping the AFA game shows us our mighty Cougs are headed back to the summit, just in time for yewta!

Comment

I am hoping that the stream on justin.tv is clear tomorrow.

For the CSU game, it was perfect, like watching it on a normal TV.

For SDSU, it was choppy. Not very good at all.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  I am hoping that the stream on justin.tv is clear tomorrow.

For the CSU game, it was perfect, like watching it on a normal TV.

For SDSU, it was choppy. Not very good at all.
                  If you leave now you can make it my house by kickoff.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    If you leave now you can make it my house by kickoff.
                    Tomorrow our stake is having an emergency preparedness drill and I am a Block Captain, so I have to visit 8 homes starting at 2PM, assess structural or bodily damage, make sure everyone is ok, report back to the Bishop, then take a nap.

Otherwise I would be down.

See my other post...I still need tickets for the Utah game. If I have to, i will just buy some at the game.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      I know we are not great against the pass, but Airforces passing statistics are as follows:

SUU: 8 for 12 75 yards 1 td
                      Wyo: 3 for 4 15 yards 1 int
                      Houston: 0 for 7
                      Utah: 7 for 13 138 yards 1 td 2 ints
                      Navy: 12 for 21 124 1 td
                      SDSU: 5 of 7 75 yards 1 td
                      UNLV: 6 of 7 150 yars 2 td
                      UNM: 1 of 3, 1 yard, 1 td, 1 int
                      Army: 3 of 8, 32 yards, 1 int
                      CSU: 6 of 8 171 yards, 2 tds

I think they are efficient but also very inept at times. I dont think we allow over 100 yards passing.
                      I am still amazed that they threw 3 passes and only completed one of them in a game and still won. Then again they beat Houston and didn't even complete a pass.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

AFA is a very worthy and formidable opponent.

They're just a few plays away from being undefeated this year.

If we can go into tomorrow and punk them in their house, it'll give me a little bit more confidence going into the Utah game next week.

Like HL, Junkie and Sizzle, I'm worried about our ability to stop them on the edges, and prevent them from long drives that will keep our offense off the field.

I'm also a little bit worried about their defense. I think it's underated. It was mentioned by their coach that they anticipate blitzing on 70% of the downs so Max needs to be ready to check off and hit his hot receiver. AFA's DE are quick and small..just the kind that we've had trouble blocking this year.

More than anything I want to see the team come out fired up and pissed off liek they did in the UCLA game. I want to see them come out with chips on their shoulders knowing that everyone is calling them overated and knowing that AFA is treating this game like their SuperBowl.

We haven't seen that kind of emotion from this team since early in the year.

I would love to see us come out, take control early and deflate them.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
                          AFA's DE are quick and small..just the kind that we've had trouble blocking this year.

Paulson is quick and good. If Air Force is smart, which they claim they are, they should look at the TCU film of Oswald vs. Hughes.

Yes Paulson is not as good as Hughes but he is very quick like you said Rocky and could be up in Max's grill all afternoon if we don't do something about it.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

HL's thoughts aren't worth a penny

Your thoughts on tomorrow are totally worthess.....you pu$$y.

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                            I will be honest I am a little worried about the game tomorrow. To stop the option is not easy as you all know. My biggest worry for tomorrow is once again the play of the secondary. Not only have they been bad in coverage but they have not been the best tacklers either. To stop the option you need so much support from the corners and especially the free safety. Usually the free safety is always on pitch man and it is his job to come up and support and stop it. Our free safety is by far the worst tackler of the bunch. Please see the New Mexico game if you don't believe me on this. I hope they can step it up back there tomorrow. I don't want to have to kick the dog again this week
                            If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                              Our free safety is by far the worst tackler of the bunch. Please see the New Mexico game if you don't believe me on this.
                              Worse than Brandon Howard? I'm not buying.

Comment

Working...
                              X