Root Beer Floats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root Beer Floats.

I grew bored with these so I haven't had one in a long time. But I love variations.

Right now I am digging Pepsi Floats.

Any suggestions for something yummy and simply with ice cream as a base?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Try a RBF with Virgil's Root Beer. Virgil's is the only RB I like.

Pepsi and Coke floats are awesome, as are Grape and Orange Floats. Orange floats taste like a Dreamsicle.

I also like to fill a glass full of vanilla or chocolate ice cream. I add a little milk and Hershey's chocolate syrup. Then I stir vigorously with a butter knife. If it's too thick, I'll add a little more milk and stir more. I'm not quite sure what to call this little invention of mine, but I'm sure I'll think of something catchy.

Comment

Fresca and lime ice cream. Delicious. I understand UteStar keeps a month's supply of Fresca on hand at all times.

Also, I remember having a Coke float when I was 9. It blew my mind.
      Last edited by BoylenOver; 03-22-2009, 07:45 PM.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

coffee or kahlua -- most excellent. creme de menthe, also good. Those work with chocolate or vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          Fresca and lime ice cream.
          Does anybody else think that Fresca is not fit for human consumption? To me it tastes like I always imagined Windex would.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
            Does anybody else think that Fresca is not fit for human consumption? To me it tastes like I always imagined Windex would.
            I'm with you sister. Fresca = yucky.

Comment

Try bluebell icecream with your pepsi.
              *Banned*

Comment

coffee or kahlua -- most excellent. creme de menthe, also good. Those work with chocolate or vanilla.
                Mmmm. Mudslide.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  Try bluebell icecream with your pepsi.
                  IIRC, he's going to try blue bell ice cream this fall in Dallas.

Comment

Sprite and raspberry sherbet/sorbet. mmmmm.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I like Fresca.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Me too. It's my favorite caffeine free pop.
                        sigpic
                        "Outlined against a blue, gray
                        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I like Fresca.
                          I'm not a huge fan, but the Fresca-lime thing is intriguing. Intriguing enough to buy a 6-pack of Fresca and a carton of lime sherbet? Hmmm.
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Try the Frosty Float at Wendy's. I'm a huge fan. Wendy's vanilla frosty with root beer -- heavy on the frosty. The texture is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Try a RBF with Virgil's Root Beer. Virgil's is the only RB I like.
                              Thank you for this excellent suggestion. I can tell you are a great reader.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X