Urban Stepping Down...Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Stepping Down...Again

Per ESPN. Just says the AD confirmed it on Wed. Nothing else.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

This is a brilliant strategy.

Underperform, avoid criticism by feigning heart problems. Repeat as needed.

Tim TebowUrban deserves all the credit for Florida's dominance.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Boy, Notre Dame must be keeping Kelly's firing a very big secret.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        Boy, Notre Dame must be keeping Kelly's firing a very big secret.
        Funny I just messaged DnF how long before he ends up at ND.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Colin Cowherd last week in a completely unrelated conversation was talking about how Florida's #1 choice would be Chip Kelly if Urban ever left.

I think their short list would include:

Chip Kelly
          Dan Mullen
          Bob Stoops
          Charlie Strong

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
            Colin Cowherd last week in a completely unrelated conversation was talking about how Florida's #1 choice would be Chip Kelly if Urban ever left.

Chip Kelly
            Dan Mullen
            Bob Stoops
            Charlie Strong
            What if Urb recommends KW?

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
              "You're either Gators, or Gator-bait!"

I think KW would and should talk to Florida. Why wouldn't he?

Comment

"You're either Gators, or Gator-bait!"

I think KW would and should talk to Florida. Why wouldn't he?
                I also called the KW to Florida rumors, didn't I?
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  This is a brilliant strategy.

Underperform, avoid criticism by feigning heart problems. Repeat as needed.

Tim TebowUrban deserves all the credit for Florida's dominance.
                  Much like BYU poineered the Utah-Boise scheduling strategy (BYU's original, more primitive and less clever model ommitting any ranked teams), this strategy was of course pioneered by Rick Majerus. Not sure anyone can top the climax of telling the world that you thought you were having a heart attack and so you quit your job and got on a five hour flight, though. The intermediate move is to quit for a year to take care of a loved one in need.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    I also called the KW to Florida rumors, didn't I?
                    You sure did.

Though if I were a Boise St. fan, I might be more concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                      Utah will be looking for a new coach if that is the case. Top 3 jobs in the country are Florida, USC (once they are off sanctions, and Texas.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Chip Kelly
                        Dan Mullen
                        Bob Stoops
                        Charlie Strong
                        I would take Mullen out of that group. The turnaround at MSU is impressive.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Is he making this an annual thing? Or is it for real this time?

Comment

Depending on who they hire, this could have a major ripple effect throughout college football.

Comment

I am surprised that Mike Leach isn't getting more attention.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X