Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Bowl Season

My first thoughts looking at the list of bowl games

AFA/Georgia Tech will probably have the most rushing yards and fewest pass completions of any bowl game in the modern era.

Is Northwestern the worst team in history to go to back to back NYD bowl games? It would be nice to be in the B10, I think their top 8 got to NYD games.

Notre Dame/Miami in the Hyundai Sun Bowl. Classic old school match up, I miss Brut being the Sun Bowl sponsor.

The Cotton Bowl isn't until January 7th this year? Interesting, it might be one of the more entertaining games.

It appears there are a grand total of 3 bowl games not on ESPN, Sun on CBS, Outback on ABC and Cotton on Fox? Are even the BCS games on ESPN not ESPN on ABC?

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5168379"]2010-11 bowl schedule - ESPN[/ame]
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I'm excited for TCU/Wisconsin. I think that will be an outstanding matchup.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      It appears there are a grand total of 3 bowl games not on ESPN, Sun on CBS, Outback on ABC and Cotton on Fox? Are even the BCS games on ESPN not ESPN on ABC?
      I believe ESPN counts ABC as one of their own. All but 3 bowl games will be shown on a ESPN/ABC affiliate. Thats not necessarily a bad thing. Fox coverage of BCS bowl games is pretty awful. CBS is less so.

Comment

Can't wait to show the Miners the what for in Alburquerque.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Nebraska-Washington sucks. Who wants to see that again? And UConn-OU, obviously.

Bama-MSU and LSU-TAMU should be great games, though.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
            Nebraska-Washington sucks. Who wants to see that again? And UConn-OU, obviously.

Bama-MSU and LSU-TAMU should be great games, though.
            I seem to recall that Nebraska already slaughtered Washington this year, at Husky Stadium. Poor Nebraska.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              My first thoughts looking at the list of bowl games

AFA/Georgia Tech will probably have the most rushing yards and fewest pass completions of any bowl game in the modern era.

Is Northwestern the worst team in history to go to back to back NYD bowl games? It would be nice to be in the B10, I think their top 8 got to NYD games.

Notre Dame/Miami in the Hyundai Sun Bowl. Classic old school match up, I miss Brut being the Sun Bowl sponsor.

The Cotton Bowl isn't until January 7th this year? Interesting, it might be one of the more entertaining games.

2010-11 bowl schedule - ESPN
              Isn't the gator bowl on nbc?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

This is kind of funny:

Top 5: Bowl matchups we'd like to see
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  Yeah, kind of.

Comment

That's odd. I wonder why they didn't want to see Utah-ND?

Comment

Originally posted by EuropeanFootballMale View Post
                      That's odd. I wonder why they didn't want to see Utah-ND?
                      Because we already played them and laid an egg in that game.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Because we already played them and laid an egg in that game.
                        Plus, ND would have nothing to gain by going out to Vegas and getting beat by a team seeking revenge.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Fortunately, everyone will get to see plenty of Notre Dame vs BYU over the next 6-10 years. Dreams do come true.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

San Diego State against Navy in the Poinsettia Bowl. That may fill up the Stadium but it won't do anything for the hotels in the area.

Comment

After looking at all the bowl match-ups I immediately thought to myself once again that there are way too many bowl games. There are some real snooze fest match-ups this year. Some good ones but some that I could care less about. I will watch most of them because it is the last of college football for the year but I wish there were some better match-ups.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                              X