Kyle to Miami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle to Miami?

The Miami head coach searching process continues to move along. The latest candidates:

"Other coaches are likely to be interviewed, but the process could take another week or longer. Among the names mentioned for the job: Dan Mullen of Mississippi State, Jim Harbaugh of Stanford, Kyle Whittingham of Utah, Mike Stoops of Arizona, and Randy Edsall of UConn."

http://cbs4.com/sports/jon.gruden.miami.2.2030183.html
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/0...-to-miami.html

With Kyle loving to live in Utah and with the Utes going to the PAC-12, I can't see him going...but Miami would be a really interesting job.

Even with all the issues that Miami has had over the years, that would be a pretty attractive job.

no way
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Impossible. No coach would leave Utah to move to Florida.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Kyle would finally get to coach at the U.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          no way
          I will not believe it, no way no how. Kyle is a Utah Man.
          "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

He isn't going anywhere. He is a lifer.

He has everything he could want and dream of.

Comment

Originally posted by scr29 View Post
              He isn't going anywhere. He is a lifer.

He has everything he could want and dream of.
              Wow, dream big, Kyle.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Comment

If things go South at Auburn, he could wind up there and witness the Tiger Walk.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                      The Miami head coach searching process continues to move along. The latest candidates:

"Other coaches are likely to be interviewed, but the process could take another week or longer. Among the names mentioned for the job: Dan Mullen of Mississippi State, Jim Harbaugh of Stanford, Kyle Whittingham of Utah, Mike Stoops of Arizona, and Randy Edsall of UConn."

http://cbs4.com/sports/jon.gruden.miami.2.2030183.html

With Kyle loving to live in Utah and with the Utes going to the PAC-12, I can't see him going...but Miami would be a really interesting job.

Even with all the issues that Miami has had over the years, that would be a pretty attractive job.
                      This is Exhibit A of a reporter pretty disconnected from the program, unless Miami is beyond stupid and really thinks KW would be a good fit. I love Kyle, but he'd be a horrible match for Miami and wouldn't last three years there. He knows nothing of the state, doesn't know the culture and Urban would crush him in recruiting.

Sometimes when coaching search stories like these pop up, and some of the names are tossed about, I wonder if it's just someone drawing names out of a hat, or popping back a few with a booster who knows a lot less than he'd care to admit.

Comment

Gruden reportedly not interested...

Comment

For someone like Kyle, with strong ties to Utah, and a history of success, you've got to think he's a lifer, if only for the security. What happens if he goes to Miami, is there for a couple of years, it doesn't go as well as expected, and he's out of a job? For some, and I suspect Kyle is one of those, that thought process plays a part.

I know a little bit of how he was raised, too, as his family lived across the street from mine for several years. His mom used to drive us behind the grocery store, to look in the dumpster for tossed-out bags of candy that the store thought were too old to sell. We'd recover bags of jelly beans here and there that tasted pretty good to us.

In other words, at least when I knew them, Kyle's upbringing was pretty low-key; I can believe he's someone who's not just chasing after money - he's got a great gig going.
                          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Kyle isn't going anywhere. He is just looking for a big, budget breaking, raise. If I was Kyle I would be doing the same thing. All the Ute fans need to dig deep into their pockets and make large donations to the crimson club to keep Kyle in Utah.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The only way Kyle goes anywhere is if a program gives him the autonomy to bring his staff with him and keep his guys in place.

Otherwise he'd have been the coach at Tennessee this season and not Dooley.

Comment

Working...
                              X