Donkey blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donkey blues

Boise State must feel like an acne-stricken, socially awkward teenager with terrible BO and horse-killing halitosis who just wandered into the "mean girls" corner of a high school dance floor.

Only days after actually finally getting punked by a conference-mate in the craptastic WAC, TCU vacates the room as well leaving the Broncos without any of the added cachet of the MWC's Big Three, and w/o ESPN - but with the added downside of being in a conference w/o headliners but with more middle-tier teams that could occasionally step up and beat them.

Chris Petersen can be credited w/ superhuman achievement in taking BSU to the upper tier and keeping them there for so long - but I think the eventual reality is unavoidable. Like the Far Side cow who stands up and says to her friends "hey!!! this is grass!!! we've been eating grass!!" BSU is just a few losses away from recruits starting to say "this is Boise?!? we've been committing to mf Boise!!"
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

about the same way BYU should feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      about the same way BYU should feel.
      I could see BYU feeling like the spoiled teenager with a nice car whose peers don't want to hang but who has some older friends (ESPN) that will get him booze and let him tag along at college parties.

But it's BSU that's clearing the dance floor.
      Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
        Boise State must feel like an acne-stricken, socially awkward teenager with terrible BO and horse-killing halitosis who just wandered into the "mean girls" corner of a high school dance floor.

Only days after actually finally getting punked by a conference-mate in the craptastic WAC, TCU vacates the room as well leaving the Broncos without any of the added cachet of the MWC's Big Three, and w/o ESPN - but with the added downside of being in a conference w/o headliners but with more middle-tier teams that could occasionally step up and beat them.

Chris Petersen can be credited w/ superhuman achievement in taking BSU to the upper tier and keeping them there for so long - but I think the eventual reality is unavoidable. Like the Far Side cow who stands up and says to her friends "hey!!! this is grass!!! we've been eating grass!!" BSU is just a few losses away from recruits starting to say "this is Boise?!? we've been committing to mf Boise!!"
        Boise will continue to do what Boise has done since becoming D1 nearly 15 years and three coaches ago. They will will win most of their games and they will be fine.

Sure Boise can't be happy with with how it all worked out regarding BYU, Utah and TCU, but assuming that the .mtn eventually collapses (which is somewhat likely) and they get back in bed with ESPN, they will be better off than they were before with a slightly improved SOS for the BCS computers to enjoy.

The world isn't coming to an end for Boise in fact they seem to play better with a chip on their shoulder and these events have placed a mighty chip on them for years to come.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I bet they feel like they've been donkey punched.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            I bet they feel like they've been donkey punched.
            Some people are into that.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Disappointing. Not a word about Mendenhall. Mods, please change the title.

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post

I never thought about it until you posted it here, that BSU could take a major step down in exposure in the MWC.

Will they still play Wednesday games on ESPN? Well, not conference games, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                  I never thought about it until you posted it here, that BSU could take a major step down in exposure in the MWC.

Will they still play Wednesday games on ESPN? Well, not conference games, that's for sure.
                  If I were a betting man I would wager that the new MWC will be an ESPN conference and on Friday/Wednesday nights within 2 years. I really don't see how the .mtn will survive when they don't get any more Deseret First Credit Union advertisements.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    If I were a betting man I would wager that the new MWC will be an ESPN conference and on Friday/Wednesday nights within 2 years. I really don't see how the .mtn will survive when they don't get any more Deseret First Credit Union advertisements.
                    Todd Christensen could have a two hour program three times a day on how to use a thesaurus and still maintain perfect helmet-hair at the same time. I'd tune in.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                      Todd Christensen could have a two hour program three times a day on how to use a thesaurus and still maintain perfect helmet-hair at the same time. I'd tune in.
                      "Big-Head Todd and the Monster Words"

Comment

Working...
                      X