Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you going to church today?

See poll.
    No. There are obnoxious opposing fans in my ward I would rather not deal with today.
    0.00%
    Yes. There are obnoxious opposing fans in my ward but I can't let them think I'm ducking them.
    8.11%
    Yes. The rivalry is not a significant factor in my ward.
    54.05%
    No. Not going today for other reasons.
    37.84%

I don't think I've ever let the outcome of any sporting event determine if I go to church.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I have to speak in sacrament meeting, but if the Utes had lost I wouldn't have shown up.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

The rivalry is huge in my ward, but everyone is very polite about. That should have been an option.
        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
        —Abraham Maslow

Comment

I once lived in a ward where it definitely would have occurred to me not to go win or lose, though I don't really remember if I ever stayed home for that reason. Some people's lives revolve around this thing and it is just easier not to deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
            The rivalry is huge in my ward, but everyone is very polite about. That should have been an option.
            Same in my ward. I figured option 3 was the closest to that.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I've never let the outcome of a game keep me from Church. I'll be there today wearing a blue shirt. I won't say a peep to anyone about the game, but I can guarantee that at least 5 people will seek me out to tell me why Utah didn't deserve to win. I can name those 5 people right now.

Comment

Not going because I've caught some sort of head cold or something and froze at the game.

Comment

I think this topic is pertinent only to Ute fans who have that whole internal struggle conflict thing going on with religion and football.

Comment

I can guarantee that I was the only one in my ward to watch The Game yesterday. Kind of sad really.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I am going to church, but not my ward. We are blessing my granddaughter.
                      The rivalry isn't that big in my ward

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

I'm staying home with my sick child. I wouldn't have minded going to church at all. Nothing any Ute fan in my ward could say that would hurt. Ute fans know that they got lucky. I am sad that ute fans don't get to celebrate in BYU fan agony like BYU fans have gotten to celebrate in ute fan agony for 3 of the last 5 years. Seems so unfair.

Comment

I trust that the good Utes in my ward will form a protective circle around me to shield me from those few Utes who would cause me harm.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            I once lived in a ward where it definitely would have occurred to me not to go win or lose, though I don't really remember if I ever stayed home for that reason. Some people's lives revolve around this thing and it is just easier not to deal with them.
                            Weird. I have never lived in a ward like that.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I haven't had much BYU/Utah conflict since I moved out of Haddows ward (with one minor exception).
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X