The Official Bronco for MWC COY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Bronco for MWC COY Thread

I'm sure Patterson will get it but damn if Mendenhall didn't do a hell of a job turning this ship around.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
    I'm sure Patterson will get it but damn if Mendenhall didn't do a hell of a job turning this ship around.
    Bronco showed in a big way today who the best coach in the state is. You could fault his QB management (maybe...I'm still not convinced it cost us any wins, and may have gotten us one)--that is, until you see Kyle' throwing in Cain for a few series, only to bring Wynn back in.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Are we looking at the whole year or just MWC play? The turn around has been amazing but I do place blame at Bronco's feet for digging the hole he led the Cougars climb out of. The second half of the season has been his best coaching to date.

Comment

Mendenhall has been great since mid-season, but I wouldn't be bothered if he came in third in the voting, as I think Brady Hoke has done a nice job as well.

Comment

I'd give it to Hoke.

COY's don't regress from the previous season, and even though BYU is a better team than they were after that loss in Logan, they still lost 6 games.

Bronco is a very good coach, though. BYU is in good hands.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
            COY's don't regress from the previous season, and even though BYU is a better team than they were after that loss in Logan, they still lost 6 games.
            It depends on who they lose. A team that doesn't really lose anyone shouldn't regress, but a team that loses a lot of its playmakers is almost certainly going to. I'd probably give it to Hoke too, but who knows what will actually happen. Sometimes it's given to the best team's coach, other years it's who improved most over the season or from last season.
            Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
              It depends on who they lose. A team that doesn't really lose anyone shouldn't regress, but a team that loses a lot of its playmakers is almost certainly going to. I'd probably give it to Hoke too, but who knows what will actually happen. Sometimes it's given to the best team's coach, other years it's who improved most over the season or from last season.
              Hoke already interviewed for the Minnesota job.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                I'd give it to Hoke.

Bronco is a very good coach, though. BYU is in good hands.

Hoke should be given COY this season. I don't think it is debatable.
                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Hoke already interviewed for the Minnesota job.
                  Wow...

Have to choose between living in Minnesota or San Diego...

I can't believe he even got on the plane.
                  "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                  -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                  -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Devildog View Post
                    Wow...

Have to choose between living in Minnesota or San Diego...

I can't believe he even got on the plane.
                    How about choosing between $2 million a year and $500,000 a year?
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      There is more to a coaching job besides money. He has a lot of upside and can afford to be choosy about where he goes to coach. Minnesota gives you the immediate pay day but they will never be a consistent winner. But I think the job is a coaching graveyard.

Comment

Yes please

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                          There is more to a coaching job besides money. He has a lot of upside and can afford to be choosy about where he goes to coach. Minnesota gives you the immediate pay day but they will never be a consistent winner. But I think the job is a coaching graveyard.
                          I disagree. He can go take Minnesota, which is only 3-4 year removed from being a pretty good mid-level B10 team, to a couple of bowls and then get hired by a bigger B10, B12, SEC school and start making $4-5 a year.

I think Hoke will also be on the Colorado radar, and likely the ASU and Cal should those jobs come open.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

I disagree. He can go take Minnesota, which is only 3-4 year removed from being a pretty good mid-level B10 team, to a couple of bowls and then get hired by a bigger B10, B12, SEC school and start making $4-5 a year.

I think Hoke will also be on the Colorado radar, and likely the ASU and Cal should those jobs come open.
                            This.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

I think the Colorado and Cal jobs would have the most upside in comparison to Minnesota. Minnesota hasn't been in contention for a Big Ten title in many many years. I think the last time they had a share of the title was in the 60s. But he did interview for the job so he has to have some interest in it. He is from the Midwest so it would bring him back. His brother coaches for the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                              X