Week 13 Open Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 13 Open Thread

This UT vs. aTm game is killing me. First and goal and ready to drive in to go up 14-0 and we give up an unforced fumble. Two plays later and the aggies score the first of 17 straight points.

Sheesh, what a season. May not even be bowl eligible.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

There is a big blocked kick. Texas with some momentum now.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

What an ugly game. A&M has dodged some bullets the last couple of weeks. Both teams had chances here. I'm excited about tomorrow's games.
      Last edited by USUC; 11-25-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Same old, same old. Gave up too many big plays and didn't take advantage of red zone opportunities. They had plenty of chances to win.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Gig 'em!

What a great game. Its nice to see the aggies pull together a decent stream of wins after starting out the year so badly. Hopefully the cougs can pull a aTm and win their rivalry game.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

This is the same Texas team that lost to Iowa State, correct?
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
              Gig 'em!

What a great game. Its nice to see the aggies pull together a decent stream of wins after starting out the year so badly. Hopefully the cougs can pull a aTm and win their rivalry game.

I hope the cougs don't pull a Texas and let the bad guys win.

Comment

Nothing like watching a Texas A&M game with a bunch of Aggie students who know all the Aggie yells and cheers. A little better outcome for A&M this time than the last time (A&M vs Arkansas) that I had a house full of A&M kids. Great game to watch. Condolences to Longhorn fans.
                “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

"The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

What was the end of that game? Nothing like just watching the clock run out. I haven't watched much Texas this year, but that team didn't look well coached. Did Mack just take a year off, or is there not much talent?
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I hope the cougs don't pull a Texas and let the bad guys win.
                      Darkness shall rule the land!!!!

My ADR6300 is saving a beer for Kelly Heaps.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        What was the end of that game? Nothing like just watching the clock run out. I haven't watched much Texas this year, but that team didn't look well coached. Did Mack just take a year off, or is there not much talent?
                        Mack no longer has Vince Young or Colt McCoy at QB. But Texas always has talent. Every year they get the pick of the litter in one of the most (IMO, THE most) fertile recruiting grounds in the country. The Longhorns will be back and this is coming from someone who is not a Longhorn fan. I just chalk it up to an off year. The better question is not to ask why did the Longhorns go 5-7 in 2010; but why doesn't this occur more frequently?
                        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Hard to believe there isn't a QB on Texas' sideline who couldn't perform better than Gilbert. I can't imagine anybody doing worse than Gilbert surrounded by the type of talent Texas has.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

So who wants to win the Big East?
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Did Ingram just throw up an "A" after scoring the first TD of the game? Is this a new thing for the Crimson Tide. I hope they aren't stealing/copying traditions.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                              X