X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNews Article on BYU-Utah Message Boards

No mention of CUF. Phew!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...he-mayhem.html

That Chidester dude sounds like a cool cat. We should recruit him here.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

He sounds like an idiot.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
      He sounds like an idiot.
      I agree with this sentiment. What kind of a Utah tool lives in Orem?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        No mention of CUF. Phew!

why? I was disappointed that we didn't make it.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Tyler Henderson? Lol. Get a life!
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

No mention of CUF. Phew!

Having been a part of the message board wars for nearly a decade, the Internet cuts both ways. As a Utah fan, it has helped increase my passion and involvement in Utah sports. As for the rivalry, it used to be that BYU was something to get riled up about for a week during football season, 3-4 days during basketball season. But you can manufacture a lot of bitterness/angst/debate any time you want -- even if it's on issues that have been discussed ad nauseaum. I know I've made my contributions, for better or worse, in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
              That was partly TIC. But I have a long-standing theory that our culture here functions optimally with a relatively small group.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

BoylenOver how were you approached to be interviewed for that article?

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                  Given the theme of the article, it is kind of ironic that we didn't get a mention. In spite of our occasional missteps, I think we are an anomaly from the bad behavior he discusses.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
                    BoylenOver how were you approached to be interviewed for that article?
                    i didn't see BoylenOver quoted in the article...

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Given the theme of the article, it is kind of ironic that we didn't get a mention. In spite of our occasional missteps, I think we are an anomaly from the bad behavior he discusses.
                      Thta is probabyl why he didnt mentiont he placce. His whole point is how poorly thos eon line treat and interact wiht their rivals and yet here is a site cevoted to BOTH sides of the rivalry. It didnt fit his POV so it didnt appear in the article. Or maybe we just arent that big of a deal.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I understand that deseretnews.com is a place many fans go to talk about BYU and Utah sports. I was saddened to learn that deseretnews.com has seen a lack of civility in its comments over the years. I am gladdened to learn that deseretnews.com has implemented some features to help increase civility while discussing BYU and Utah sports at this popular location for discussing such things, deseretnews.com.

Comment

The last thing CUF needs is a mention in the newspaper. If that were to happen, the cougarboardization of CUF would be complete within days.
                          That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Tyler Henderson? Lol. Get a life!
                            I couldn't agree more. Sounds like a total douche.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtfldbtng9th View Post
                              I couldn't agree more. Sounds like a total douche.
                              He's a real collar-popper, that one.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                              X