PDA

View Full Version : Why BYU wins today...

ERCougar
11-22-2008, 11:09 AM
1) PED advantage. Say no more.
2) BYU DB's better than anyone's giving them credit for. Rich and Bradley will be playing more and am I the only one who thinks Howard has looked much better the last few weeks? The guy has speed and he's learning a new position--his improvement over the year has been substantial.
3) Utah cannot pressure Hall like TCU (or even AFA) did. The stats don't lie here, and it's not even close. When Hall has time, he's dangerous.
4) Hall in close games. I haven't watched a lot of Utah this year, but I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in there than Hall in a close game (which this will be).

Any more reasons for hope?

EDIT: One more...
I like Hall (and BYU) in an underdog, legitimate chance to ruin someone's season role. No one's picking us in this one and Hall will take that personally.

BlueHair
11-22-2008, 11:23 AM
BYU needs to keep the backs in to block. On most sack plays, they hit their pass patterns too early. Utah loves to use overload blitzes, so if BYU can keep the backs in to pick that up, they can have some success. I think BYU has the best quarterback, running backs, tight ends, and I think Collie is the best receiver. Having said that, I think Utah has the better overall team and will win comfortably. Utah's defense is just too good. BYU's is horrible.

ERCougar
11-22-2008, 11:24 AM
BYU needs to keep the backs in to block. On most sack plays, they hit their pass patterns too early. Utah loves to use overload blitzes, so if BYU can keep the backs in to pick that up, they can have some success. I think BYU has the best quarterback, running backs, tight ends, and I think Collie is the best receiver. Having said that, I think Utah has the better overall team and will win comfortably. Utah's defense is just too good. BYU's is horrible.

What kind of "reason to hope" is that?

Start your own thread if you want to be all honest and stuff.

BlueHair
11-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Sorry. My reasons for hope are:

Hall is the best QB
Fui and Harvey are best RBs
Pitta and George are the best TEs
Collie is the best receiver
God is a Mormon

Brian
11-22-2008, 11:33 AM

Ok, but I will say this. What the hell is PED?

2) BYU DB's better than anyone's giving them credit for. Rich and Bradley will be playing more and am I the only one who thinks Howard has looked much better the last few weeks? The guy has speed and he's learning a new position--his improvement over the year has been substantial.

Bad, not shitty.

3) Utah cannot pressure Hall like TCU (or even AFA) did. The stats don't lie here, and it's not even close. When Hall has time, he's dangerous.

True, one of several keys to the game.
However, Utah's D has an unreal ability to make plays when it counts.

4) Hall in close games. I haven't watched a lot of Utah this year, but I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in there than Hall in a close game (which this will be).

BJ is a maestro and Ludwig is out the loop. I'm comfortable with BJ on an end of game drive. Just score w/ little time on the clock.....

I like Hall (and BYU) in an underdog, legitimate chance to ruin someone's season role. No one's picking us in this one and Hall will take that personally.

I like KW's ability to motivate. Two unquestionably inferior utah teams took byu to the limit. He will have them ready.

ERCougar
11-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Ok, but I will say this. What the hell is PED?

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?p=3237#post3237
(specifically, posts 3 and 4)

I will ignore the rest of your post as it is not faith-promoting.

Fiyero
11-23-2009, 02:18 PM

Overrated.

UtahDan
11-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Overrated.

But, but, PED is, is, is, I mean, it predicts outcomes! The thing you don't understand is that it means BYU is going to win and the fact that BYU lost last year just proves it because, because, I mean, did you not know that BYU has a better a PED?

SeattleUte
11-23-2009, 02:23 PM

This is Classic. How full of dung is ER?

UtahDan
11-23-2009, 02:24 PM
This is Classic. How full of shit is ER?

ER is a good guy, in fact, I like this chippy rivalry version of ER we have seen lately.

Indy Coug
11-23-2009, 02:26 PM
But, but, PED is, is, is, I mean, it predicts outcomes! The thing you don't understand is that it means BYU is going to win and the fact that BYU lost last year just proves it because, because, I mean, did you not know that BYU has a better a PED?

Just because you rolled a one doesn't mean there weren't 5 other numbers on the die that weren't a one.

UtahDan
11-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Just because you rolled a one doesn't mean there weren't 5 other numbers on the die that weren't a one.

Last year's Utah team demolishing last year's BYU team was a one in six proposition huh? Okay.

Fiyero
11-23-2009, 02:29 PM

Come to think of it, I like this one more.

Indy Coug
11-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Last year's Utah team demolishing last year's BYU team was a one in six proposition huh? Okay.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying. :rolleyes: :blink:

P.S. I predicted a 38-27 Utah win on Cougarboard last year.

http://www.cougarboard.com/predictions.html?gameid=303

SeattleUte
11-23-2009, 02:30 PM
ER is a good guy, in fact, I like this chippy rivalry version of ER we have seen lately.

ER was convinced 2008 Utah was lucky and bad before Utah mercilessly hammered his team by 24 points, and he still thinks that. Says it all.

Hot Lunch
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Come to think of it, I like this one more.

In ER's defense, Utah didn't have a sack in this game.

cougjunkie
11-23-2009, 02:44 PM
In ER's defense, Utah didn't have a sack in this game.

Quit using logic. Anyone that truly watched that game realizes that it was actually pretty close for 3 quarters.

The final score really is all that matters so congrats to Utah on that one, they have exactly 5 more days to live it up. After that they get to listen to ER and myself for the next 365.

SeattleUte
11-23-2009, 02:47 PM
The final score really is all that matters

The way I see it, point spreads in 2009 Utah vs. TCU (27) and 2008 Utah vs. BYU (24) were comparable. But 2008 BYU was better than 2009 Utah. Hence 2008 Utah is better than 2009 TCU.

LA Ute
11-23-2009, 02:50 PM

Um, isn't the BYU a 7.5-point favorite?

Hot Lunch
11-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Um, isn't the BYU a 7.5-point favorite?

Check the date on the post. It is from 2008. LA Ute, you are so 2000 and late on this one. :)

LA Ute
11-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Check the date on the post. It is from 2008. LA Ute, you are so 2000 and late on this one. :)

:emb: :emb: :emb: :emb: :emb:

falafel
11-23-2009, 02:59 PM

Its not your fault. Its Fiyero's. He's dredging up all of these old posts.

Hot Lunch
11-23-2009, 03:02 PM

I was confused as well at first when I saw the thread. I wondering what in the world they were talking about until I finally looked at the date of the first post.

ERCougar
11-23-2009, 03:04 PM

This is what happens when you piss Fiyero off.

It's really kind of creepy.

Fiyero
11-23-2009, 03:04 PM

No no no, they're classic posts. They're worth reliving over and over like those games on channel 11.

cougjunkie
11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
This is what happens when you piss Fiyero off.

It's really kind of creepy.

He will also go to great lengths to find out your true identity. Creepy indeed.

ERCougar
11-23-2009, 03:08 PM
This is Classic. How full of dung is ER?

I'm sure Fiyero is thrilled to have your support.

LA Ute
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
He will also go to great lengths to find out your true identity. Creepy indeed.

I keep hearing that you are Bronco Mendenhall in real life. I believe the other rumor, though: You are Glenn Tuckett.

Fiyero
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I was actually looking for last season's score prediction thread to see if they were much different than this years, but I didn't see a thread. I agree though that it was awfully creepy to open some of the others while back on page 89. Creepy in a Utah bubble kind of way, I guess. Just be thankful that this experience has given you a tribulation to bear testimony about.