Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shakys little bro leads Highland to their first state title in 24 years........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakys little bro leads Highland to their first state title in 24 years........

Double OT thriller. Mountain Crest has a 2 pt conversion in double OT on the 1yard (after an offsides) for the win and the play is completely blown up in the backfield by Highland to win the game.

Smithson was outstanding. As was Alex Kuresa for Mt. Crest.

Also Nate Fakaakueaeaeeaeefeaeeauiiieuehafa who is going to utah was dominant the whole game.

Smithson 15-22 272 yards and 3 tds, had 2 rushing tds.

Kuresa 23-38 290 yards 2 tds, 42 rushing yards in the game.
    Nate Fakahafua 12 catches for 216 yards and 3 tds, as well as 12 tackles and 3 sacks.
    Last edited by cougjunkie; 11-19-2010, 08:53 PM.
    *Banned*

Nate F was a man among boys out there. Kuresa is miniscule.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Double OT thriller. Mountain Crest has a 2 pt conversion in double OT on the 1yard (after an offsides) for the win and the play is completely blown up in the backfield by Highland to win the game.

Also Nate Fakaakueaeaeeaeefeaeeauiiieuehafa who is going to utah was dominant the whole game.

Nate Fakahafua 12 catches for 216 yards and 3 tds, as well as 12 tackles and 3 sacks.
      I am interested to see what position Nate plays for Utah. He looks like a DE, but he has great hands that you would hate to waste on defense.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Smithson is a Soph? Looks smallish at QB. Maybe he has some growth left in him.

EDIT: Found it. He is a soph. MaxPreps lists him at 5'5" 145 lbs.
        Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 11-19-2010, 09:08 PM.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

1987 - I have many friends who played on that team
          After an intense, but civil, neighborhood meeting, it looks like Highland will remain in 4A through 2013.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

I have had a couple of high school coaches tell me that this kid might be the best athlete in the state.
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              I am interested to see what position Nate plays for Utah. He looks like a DE, but he has great hands that you would hate to waste on defense.
              Fakafahua will play wr

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

I had no idea smithson was from Utah? Is he Mo?
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  I had no idea smithson was from Utah? Is he Mo?
                  Shaky is the legal guardian of his brother. They are from Maryland IIRC.
                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                    Shaky is the legal guardian of his brother. They are from Maryland IIRC.
                    Really? That is impressive. A huge responsibility. What's the story there?
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Really? That is impressive. A huge responsibility. What's the story there?
                      Boylen can probably explain Shakey's story the best. I will say that I Shakey is definitely my favorite Ute. The guy is a stud.

Comment

In other Utah HS football news, Harvey Langi wore a Ute armband in his championship game, for whatever that is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          In other Utah HS football news, Harvey Langi wore a Ute armband in his championship game, for whatever that is worth.
                          Yeah, the unwashed were foaming at the mouth about this yesterday.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                            Yeah, the unwashed were foaming at the mouth about this yesterday.
                            I think he goes there with the great opportunity to start from day one, but if he doesn't, this armband could be the utes sacred dance moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              I think he goes there with the great opportunity to start from day one, but if he doesn't, this armband could be the utes sacred dance moment.
                              With Shakerin lost for his career, there is going to be opportunity for a stud RB to get plenty of time. Sean Asiata is a blocking back. Tauni Vakapuna is probably a short yardage back. Beau Burton is an unknown commodity who looked ok in garbage time against SJSU. Lucky Radley will be a RS freshman. And that is basically it.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                              X