MWC bending rules that they wouldn't bend for BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWC bending rules that they wouldn't bend for BYU

Hawaii to the MWC in football only? Really?

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...109083259.html

Craig Thompson hates Mormons.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
      Craig Thompson hates Mormons.
      I'm ok with it, really, but what the????

Does this mean TCU is gone? Why not Hawaii in all sports?

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

The same reason Hawaii was left out of the MWC initially, travel costs for nonrevenue sports.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

It could mean TCU is gone, but I'm mostly guessing this will save all the MWC non-revenue sports a ton of money in travel.
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I wonder if Pres Samuelson was part of the MWC meeting.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

It could mean TCU is gone, but I'm mostly guessing this will save all the MWC non-revenue sports a ton of money in travel.
              Yes, I see that it will save money in travel, but how can the Big West afford it? Anyway, I don't see how this works without one more team or TCU leaving. This means 11 football teams.

Comment

Yes, I see that it will save money in travel, but how can the Big West afford it? Anyway, I don't see how this works without one more team or TCU leaving. This means 11 football teams.
                I don't know how the Big West can afford it, but the MWC is in a better position to dictate terms.

Comment

Assuming this is true, and Hawaii joins the MWC in 2012, the WAC will be a wasteland. I'm guessing USU is really regretting passing up the MWC invitation.

Comment

Assuming this is true, and Hawaii joins the MWC in 2012, the WAC will be a wasteland. I'm guessing USU is really regretting passing up the MWC invitation.
                    If TCU does leave, then hopefully they'll get that invitation. It would allow the league to maintain a presence in Utah.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

This thread says TCU to the big east is a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                        This thread says TCU to the big east is a done deal.
                        Wow. Kind of feel sorry for BSU.

I wonder if the MWC will pick up Utah State now?
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

That would give them 11 teams, though. I think the addition of Hawaii replaces TCU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

They are better off than they were, aren't they? Granted not as well as off as they hoped, but still better off.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              They are better off than they were, aren't they? Granted not as well as off as they hoped, but still better off.
                              The bottom of the MWC is stronger, but not by much. It will depend on what happens with TV negotiations.

Comment

Working...
                              X