Utah Running Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Running Game

Anyone who has read my posts recently knows that I am not a huge fan of Eddie Wide III. I've felt like he has a bit of an apologetic "excuse me I'd like to run through this hole now" type of running style. Coming into this season, there was a lot of optimism surrounding a Wide III/M. Asiata combo for the Utes.

Combined, these two have delivered a 1,000 yards and 50 plus catches this season for a total of 18 TDs.

Obviously Eddie Wide's production has been stimed by the return of Asiata. Had Asiata not returned to this team, Wide III would've been the number one back with Shak backing him up. As the man last year when Asiata went down Wide rushed for a total of 1069 yards and 12 TDs with 17 receptions for a TD. These numbers make me wonder if Wide is more of a rhythem type runner and given that he is splitting carries with Asiata, I just have to think it is tough to "get him going" as it were.

You wouldn't think that bringing back a guy like Asiata would actually hurt the production at RB, but I think that it might have just a bit. There have been games this year when Wide has gone long stretches without seeing the field, so It seems the coaches prefer Asiata a little bit better. Makes me wonder where Wide's head is at and if we're getting his dead level best, or if he was a bit deflated by the return of Asiata and once he started losing carries to him, if he has mailed it in.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Working...
X