BYU - Utah thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU - Utah thread...

This game now looks like is it going to be a VERY different game than I thought it was going to be two weeks ago.

TCUs dismantling of The Utes last week pulled the curtain back on the team - Whittingham isn't Oz. Jordan Wynn has some major weaknesses - if you've got the players and game-plan to exploit them. The defense is human and also has weaknesses can be exploited. Two weeks ago, you could watch a game and get hints that both of these things existed, but until then you really weren't sure.

Now we're sure. Utah is a good team, but not one without significant flaws.

After the past two weeks, we can clearly see that BYU is a MUCH better than they were earlier in the season. Yeah, I know - the same crappy competition that made us all think Utah was unbeatable. But BYU's early problems were mostly of their own doing. Florida State and TCU kicked their asses, plain and simple. But the other three losses - AFA, Nevada, and USU (ESPECIALLY USU - they suck!) was a failure of BYU to execute on anything, much more than it was the ability of their opponents to dictate the results of the game. They had receivers open, QB throws the ball downfield and receiver drops it. Or QB throws it downfield and either he misread it, or receiver ran the wrong route. Or innumerable other combinations of how an offense can fail to execute. Any type of offensive failure you can imagine, BYU did it in the first half of the 2010 season.

The Utes had better be prepared then BYU comes to RES in two weeks. They're clearly not unbeatable like they (and everyone else, my self included) thought they were. And BYU is getting better and better. For the first time this season, I wish I had kept my season tickets at RES...

The Utes needed to worry about finishing this ND game as well as San Diego State. They are in danger of coming in to the BYU game on a 3 game losing streak.
    *Banned*

Comment

Working...
    X