Week 11 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 11 Thread

I'm going to laugh if Pitt ends up losing this game. Could you imagine being the team that has to play the Big East champ in a BCS bowl game? I hope its the winner of the ACC.

The question to me is if TCU doesn't get into the championship game do they line them up against the Big Easy winner, or against a "tougher" opponent?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Besides Air Force, who will be the best team playing in the state of Colorado this weekend?

-BYU
      -CSU
      -Colorado
      -New Mexico
      -Iowa State

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
        Besides Air Force, who will be the best team playing in the state of Colorado this weekend?

-BYU
        -CSU
        -Colorado
        -New Mexico
        -Iowa State
        Iowa state

My ADR6300 likes crow.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
          I'm going to laugh if Pitt ends up losing this game. Could you imagine being the team that has to play the Big East champ in a BCS bowl game? I hope its the winner of the ACC.
          It will be the fiesta bowl v the big12 champ

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
          "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
            It will be the fiesta bowl v the big12 champ

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
            Pitt vs Nebraska/Oklahoma State/Oklahoma? I'll watch but what a crappy match-up for any of the Big 12 schools.

Comment

Good news is Dion Lewis the best running back in the country continues to excel against everyone but Utah.

He now has 556 rushing yards in 9 games.

Since being held to only 75 rushing yards against Utah he has managed to have some big games:

27 yards vs New Hampshire
              41 yards vs Miami
              63 yards vs Notre Dame
              78 yards vs Syracuse
              65 yards vs Louisville
              77 yards vs Uconn

He did bust out for 130 yards vs Rutgers his only game of the season over 100 yards. He is also averaging an incredible 4.6 yards per carry.
              *Banned*

Comment

Jordan Toddman has put up some amazing yardage with not as many touchdowns as I would expect. 222 yards last night and no Tds.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  The question to me is if TCU doesn't get into the championship game do they line them up against the Big Easy winner, or against a "tougher" opponent?
                  That's a good question. In 2004, they tried the former approach, pitting Utah against a cupcake. I think it made the BCS look bad because Utah won the game handily.

The next three times a non-AQ team went BCS, they matched them up against a tougher opponent, probably expecting a resounding defeat to show that the non-AQ didn't belong. That plan backfired two of the times (Hawaii never should have been invited/ranked that high. Grrrr).

Last year, the new tactic was isolating the non-AQs by pitting them against each other. Is there a chance the BCS would or could try to rematch TCU v. BSU?
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                    Pitt vs Nebraska/Oklahoma State/Oklahoma? I'll watch but what a crappy match-up for any of the Big 12 schools.
                    Most Nebraska fans aren't thrilled about a Nebraska-Pitt match-up should Nebraska win the Big XII. One interesting angle about such a match-up is the Pitt AD (Steve Pederson) was the former Nebraska AD who many Cornhusker fans blame for steering the program into the ditch by firing HC Frank Solich and hiring Bill Callahan.

But to be honest, I think a lot of Nebraska fans would be relieved to not have to play TCU (or Utah for that matter) or Boise St. The reason being that if Nebraska wins then many will just chalk it up that TCU or Boise St. was not for real. Better to have any easier game and roll Pitt.
                    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

That enclosed stadium (Kibbie Dome?) where Idaho plays is weird -- looks like they're playing football in a basketball arena.

Edit: I looked it up and it actually only seats 16K for football, so it really is a basketball-sized arena.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        That enclosed stadium (Kibbie Dome?) where Idaho plays is weird -- looks like they're playing football in a basketball arena.

Edit: I looked it up and it actually only seats 16K for football, so it really is a basketball-sized arena.
                        Lot's of teams play in places that seat 16k. Most of them are high schools in Texas, but still.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Lot's of teams play in places that seat 16k. Most of them are high schools in Texas, but still.
                          No wonder Dennis Erickson only stuck around for 8 months or so (the second time). It looks like they are playing in some sort of airplane hangar or warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            No wonder Dennis Erickson only stuck around for 8 months or so (the second time). It looks like they are playing in some sort of airplane hangar or warehouse.
                            It is strange to watch, I wonder how often someone runs into an end zone wall.

Idaho won 6 WAC games last year? That is maybe the worst endorsement of the WAC there is.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Idaho is worse than New Mexico. I'm not sure that it would even really be much of a game. I really hope BYU never has to go there with this WAC deal, all that can happen is someone gets hurt in that barn.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X