BYU vs CSU official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU vs CSU official thread

Huge game Cougars are 0-4 on the road this season. CSU is much improved from last year. But I still like our chances.

Just saw that Cody Hoffman is currently averaging 37 yards per kick return since taking over the duties from Oneill Chambers. Remember he also had an 85 yard return called back as well, so the number could be even higher.
    *Banned*

OFFICIAL BYU vs. CSU Thread

BYU opens up as 5-point favorites on the road. Frankly, BYU has been awful on the road this year.

It will be the battle of two true freshman at QB. Heaps has underperformed, but now is his chance to wrestle the "Best True Freshman QB in the MWC" title away and claim it.

Which BYU team will show up? The one that has lost 5 games that weren't very close, or the one with the high-powered offense that took full advantage of the bye week? Has BYU turned a corner, ready to roll like the Cougars of old with a new identity, or was the UNLV game just an aberration?

Comment

BYU will win this by at least 2 touchdowns.

IM ALL IN, BABY!

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        BYU will win this by at least 2 touchdowns.

IM ALL IN, BABY!

OH YEAH!

[YOUTUBE]oYS7aQY1iZI[/YOUTUBE]
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I'll take my Kool-Aid without the bits of ceiling and dry wall in it, thanks.

BYU is going to smash CSU and it's not even going to be respectful.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

BYUs defense is giving up an average of 242 yards per game since Bronco took over the D-coordinator duties.

To compare like opponents to our brothers up north who are considered to have a top notch defense:

BYU Utah
            TCU: 381 558
            Wyo: 173 183
            UNLV: 144 319

To say this defense has not improved leaps and bounds would be very ignorant. 70 of UNLVs total yards came on that last drive with no time left when BYU emptied the bench playing an African immigrant that did not know how to put his own pads on, a walk on from Riverton that did not even play high school football, as well as several polynesian players whose names did not fit on their jerseys.
            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              BYUs defense is giving up an average of 242 yards per game since Bronco took over the D-coordinator duties.

To compare like opponents to our brothers up north who are considered to have a top notch defense:

BYU Utah
              TCU: 381 558
              Wyo: 173 183
              UNLV: 144 319

To say this defense has not improved leaps and bounds would be very ignorant. 70 of UNLVs total yards came on that last drive with no time left when BYU emptied the bench playing an African immigrant that did not know how to put his own pads on, a walk on from Riverton that did not even play high school football, as well as several polynesian players whose names did not fit on their jerseys.
              It's very obvious the D turned around overnight when Bronco started coaching them.

The O has been lifeless all year long until last game. The changes to smash mouth helped limit the risk, which was an improvement. I doubt the UNLV game was a light switch that turned our last place offense into a top 20 offense, but I'm optimistic it is a sign of real improvement.

I'm drinking the Kool Aid too. I predict a win Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                I'll take my Kool-Aid without the bits of ceiling and dry wall in it, thanks.

BYU is going to smash CSU and it's not even going to be respectful.
                Who doesn't like Kool Aid with a dash of asbestos?
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                  BYU opens up as 5-point favorites on the road. Frankly, BYU has been awful on the road this year.

It will be the battle of two true freshman at QB. Heaps has underperformed, but now is his chance to wrestle the "Best True Freshman QB in the MWC" title away and claim it.

Which BYU team will show up? The one that has lost 5 games that weren't very close, or the one with the high-powered offense that took full advantage of the bye week? Has BYU turned a corner, ready to roll like the Cougars of old with a new identity, or was the UNLV game just an aberration?
                  -5? As bad as CSU is and with BYU making improvements, I thought it would have opened higher than that even on the road.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    -5? As bad as CSU is and with BYU making improvements, I thought it would have opened higher than that even on the road.
                    BYU is 0-4 on the road. Sadly behind TCU, Utah, AFA, SDSU and BYU is CSU well above UNLV, UNM and Wyo.

But I agree after covering handily vs UNLV I thought they would open a bit higher.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                      I thought the same thing about Utah at Notre Dame, which is a very similar line.

Looks like the non AQs arent getting much love from Vegas.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

We are going to smash the Rams.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          70 of UNLVs total yards came on that last drive with no time left when BYU emptied the bench playing an African immigrant that did not know how to put his own pads on, a walk on from Riverton that did not even play high school football, as well as several polynesian players whose names did not fit on their jerseys.
                          LOL! That was pretty funny.

I was trying to explain the Ziggy story to my sister in law and she asked me: "are you ever embarassed by how much you know about these seemingly insignificant players?"

I could only respond: "you have no idea."

I got it baaaad so baaad, I'm hot for Cougars!
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I thought the same thing about Utah at Notre Dame, which is a very similar line.

Looks like the non AQs arent getting much love from Vegas.
                            I would think that BYU line is easy money. I will the Gambling experts chim in on that one. I am not one of those.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I'm sipping the kool-aid, but can't bring myself to predict a beat down. I sure want to think the offense has turned the same corner the defense has, but need at least two data points to determine a trend.

It'll sure make the Utah game interesting if we can ruts a bit on CSU and NM though.

Comment

Working...
                              X