Utah vs ND Roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah vs ND Roll call

So it seems that there is a large CUF contingent going to the game. It would be great to get a pic or even a pre or post game meal.

I will be there with Mrs. JIC, Jeromy in SLC and Mrs. JIS. He has the tickets so I have no idea where(other than they are in the Utah allotment through the school).

Others?
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    So it seems that there is a large CUF contingent going to the game. It would be great to get a pic or even a pre or post game meal.

I will be there with Mrs. JIC, Jeromy in SLC and Mrs. JIS. He has the tickets so I have no idea where(other than they are in the Utah allotment through the school).

Others?
    Maybe you could put this in DDDs thread about Wilts 100 point game.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Maybe you could put this in DDDs thread about Wilts 100 point game.
      Maybe after the game
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Maybe after the game
        This is the type of game that for some reason 1 million ute fans will have attended.

By the way sounds like an awesome trip hope you guys have a good time.
        *Banned*

Comment

Others?
          From a BYU fan to a Ute fan, for not backing out. You will have a great time. It is a mid-day kickoff, so get there at the crack of dawn and soak it all up. Lots to do and see.

Also, I am hoping for lousy weather and another horrible loss. Sorry, just being honest!
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            This is the type of game that for some reason 1 million ute fans will have attended.

By the way sounds like an awesome trip hope you guys have a good time.
            We saw it as a no brainer. We are considering Pitt for next year. With BYU and USU ever present on the OOC schedule, I doubt utah will be heading east of the Mississippi very much in the distant future.

We are catching the Bears-Vikings on Sunday as well(that one sounded better before the season started)

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              From a BYU fan to a Ute fan, for not backing out. You will have a great time. It is a mid-day kickoff, so get there at the crack of dawn and soak it all up. Lots to do and see.

Also, I am hoping for lousy weather and another horrible loss. Sorry, just being honest!
              40's and rain on the forecast. It is the only day of bad weather on the 7 day outlook so I am hoping it will blow through early.

I figure I will be watching for a close loss for BYU in Ft. Collins as well, so we are even

-Rick Majerus

Comment

My in-laws (all Utes) are flying in on Wednesday. I will be attending and I will probably even wear red.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

4 Ute fans here. Bought them through the ND ticket office, so we'll be sitting in enemy territory: Section 21, row 42.

Comment

My two sons and I are flying in to Chicago Friday, doing Chicago stuff Friday night, then driving to South Bend at the crack of dawn Saturday with a van full of six - count 'em! - Ute fans, two of whom post here but I will leave it to them to self-identify.

For those interested, here is information about game day at Notre Dame. You can't read it without getting excited:

Game day events:

http://gameday.nd.edu/events/calendar/2010-utah/

Parking information:

http://gameday.nd.edu/campus/tailgating/

I thought my boys and I might go to the Field Museum (they've never seen it) and maybe have dinner on the Navy Pier. Mayb Harry Caray's (if it is still there - I haven't checked.)

If anyone wants to get together Friday night or Saturday pre-game, PM me.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                      My two sons and I are flying in to Chicago Friday, doing Chicago stuff Friday night, then driving to South Bend at the crack of dawn Saturday with a van full of six - count 'em! - Ute fans, two of whom post here but I will leave it to them to self-identify.

For those interested, here is information about game day at Notre Dame. You can't read it without getting excited:

Game day events:

Parking information:

I thought my boys and I might go to the Field Museum (they've never seen it) and maybe have dinner on the Navy Pier. Mayb Harry Caray's (if it is still there - I haven't checked.)

That is a funny itinerary. ND lists an on-campus Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at 9:30AM as part of the Game Day festivities. I guess they are Irish, after all.

Everyone starts lining up during Mass to watch the player walk. This is in the main "quad" area right in front of the admin building (the golden dome). I dont even think they let you in for Mass. It is players/team/family only, I believe.

Player walk is cool.

Head over to Bond Hall to watch the concert, then follow the meatheads in tall hats as they step gayley through campus and towards the stadium. Irish fans young and old will start amassing behind the band and as you near the stadium, chants of "Here Come the Irish" grow louder and louder.

Also, the Knights of Columbus sell a mean steak sandwich. Look for their booth on campus. It is pretty good.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info! We're flying in friday night, meeting up with some friends in Chicago, and staying in LaPorte, about 30 mins away from South Bend. That'll allow us to get there good and early on saturday.

Comment

Here is a video of what to expect, except these guys are right at the stadium. I would suggest starting up on on the quad (not very far) to get the full effect and to see everything.

You can see the Lucky Charms guy followed by the gay meatheads followed by the band wearing their full-body condoms (i thought the Vatican frowned on that sort of thing, but what do I know?)

[YOUTUBE]jzIwp3EOsV0[/YOUTUBE].

sigpic

Comment

Game day events:

Parking information:

Harry Caray's is definitely still there and is really close to where you are staying. within walking distance.
                            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Here is a video of what to expect, except these guys are right at the stadium. I would suggest starting up on on the quad (not very far) to get the full effect and to see everything.

You can see the Lucky Charms guy followed by the gay meatheads followed by the band wearing their full-body condoms (i thought the Vatican frowned on that sort of thing, but what do I know?)

[YOUTUBE]jzIwp3EOsV0[/YOUTUBE].
                              That player walk is just like Utahs! Kind of surprising that they would copy the Utes so blatantly.

Comment

Working...
                              X