Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ian Dulan to serve a mission before his senior season..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Dulan to serve a mission before his senior season..........

per Jeff calls blog at the D-news:

I was able to talk to coach Bronco Mendenhall yesterday about BYU's spring football practices, which begin Monday. He told me several players won't participate in spring drills:
    •Defensive lineman Bernard Afutiti will be held out so he can focus on academics.
    •Starting cornerback Brandon Howard will not be involved for personal reasons. "We're hopeful to have him back in the fall," Mendenhall said.
    •Defensive lineman Ian Dulan underwent shoulder surgery last week. He is planning to leave for a mission before the fall.
    •Wide receiver Spencer Hafoka was diagnosed with influenza during the winter, forcing him to be quarantined from team and from school, Mendenhall said. "Basically we're working on getting this semester back for him, a one-semester exemption, because clearly he couldn't attend classes for quite some time. That's taken quite a toll."
    •Linebacker Vic So'oto, who suffered a broken leg against Washington, which sidelined him for the rest of the year, probably won't be back to full health during the spring.
    •Wide receiver McKay Jacobson, who returned home from a mission in January, could miss the first week or so of spring ball due to a hamstring injury. "I don't know how many days he'll miss," Mendenhall said, adding that aside from the hamstring injury, Jacobson is "farther ahead physically than I thought he would be. He's anxious to play. He's been very impressive in the off-season."
    *Banned*

Was Spencer the Hafoka brother that was supposed to be really good? If not who was that and is he still around?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      Was Spencer the Hafoka brother that was supposed to be really good? If not who was that and is he still around?
      Yeah, Spencer was supposed to be pretty good. His older brother Saia never played much and he is no longer in the program

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        per Jeff calls blog at the D-news:

I was able to talk to coach Bronco Mendenhall yesterday about BYU's spring football practices, which begin Monday. He told me several players won't participate in spring drills:
        •Defensive lineman Bernard Afutiti will be held out so he can focus on academics.
        •Starting cornerback Brandon Howard will not be involved for personal reasons. "We're hopeful to have him back in the fall," Mendenhall said.
        •Defensive lineman Ian Dulan underwent shoulder surgery last week. He is planning to leave for a mission before the fall.
        •Wide receiver Spencer Hafoka was diagnosed with influenza during the winter, forcing him to be quarantined from team and from school, Mendenhall said. "Basically we're working on getting this semester back for him, a one-semester exemption, because clearly he couldn't attend classes for quite some time. That's taken quite a toll."
        •Linebacker Vic So'oto, who suffered a broken leg against Washington, which sidelined him for the rest of the year, probably won't be back to full health during the spring.
        •Wide receiver McKay Jacobson, who returned home from a mission in January, could miss the first week or so of spring ball due to a hamstring injury. "I don't know how many days he'll miss," Mendenhall said, adding that aside from the hamstring injury, Jacobson is "farther ahead physically than I thought he would be. He's anxious to play. He's been very impressive in the off-season."
        Wow. There isn't much good news there, except for maybe McKay.

Although, that's great for Ian.

Comment

Working...
        X