Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What an ass kicking that was...

Man... that sucked.

Now that the pain is subsiding... time to get back to work and salvage what's left of the season.

Not many teams get to be considered in the National Championship picture... we were fortunate to have had the run.

Get back to work Utah and win out.

Some of the best lessons come from fighting adversity. It's still hard to watch though.
    "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
    -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
    -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

10 Interesting vignettes I saw at the game:

1. The atmosphere is electric--as whatzisname said--all the way until the second quarter. Then it deflates, but I enjoy it while it lasts. I wonder if the palpable excitement in the air has a chemical affect on participants.

2. Utah student explaining earnestly to younger Utah student how, if the team wins the game, they will totally get laid because as fans they can leverage the reflected glory of the team. He uses the word "poke" at least four times in his explanation.

3. Utah fan with flask whipping it out, carefully extracting its precious contents, meticulously licking the spout before carefully re-affixing the cap. No spillage here.

4. Dang these utes are good at blacking out.

5. Very cute Utah coed wailing "It's soooooo embarrassing" over and over in the bathroom. She says it 4-5 times before someone asks her why, to which she replies: "Because we sucked ass on national TV!" (Note to fan in #2 above: The only pokes you'll be getting tonight will be from Facebook.)

6. Nearby fan, after waiting in long lines to buy hotdog, arrives back at his seat only to watch his paper boat slip out of his hand, and the hotdog fall to the concrete, the weiner rolling out and over the ground four or five times. He picks it up and blithely pops it back into the bun and into his mouth. Hey, I would have done the same, except I probably would have wiped it off first.

7. Brian Blechen is fearless and aggressive, but he is soooo gonna suffer serious brain damage by the end of his college career.

8. Probably a #5 ranking was a little too generous, but the team has earned the extra respect over the past few years.

9. Heard from somewhere behind me at the end of the game: "Hey at least we scored more points against TCU than the 3 that BYU scored."

10. Nice display of patriotism during the wounded warrior presentation.

Comment

After reading the boards today...

What a difference a week makes.

Some cougar fans are beginning to allow themselves back at the kool-aide because they beat up on UNLV with 2 weeks to prepare.

Many Ute fans seem to be asking themselves what there is to play for... now that any hope of a BCS bowl is out of the picture.

Bring on the rivalry game hype.
      "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
      -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
      -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        3. Utah fan with flask whipping it out, carefully extracting its precious contents, meticulously licking the spout before carefully re-affixing the cap. No spillage here.
        See. I knew Max Hall was lying.

Comment

Working...
        X